DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Netops / Performance center 3.7.2

Posted Jul 01, 2019 03:53 PM
    ​I have the latest version of the software for netops, which is supposed to be 3.7.2. However after unzipping the file I see no documents telling us what the hardware requirements or OS requirements are for this version. I went to DOCOPS and they only have docs for 3.6. Can someone share with us the requirements doc.

TIA

• 2.  RE: Netops / Performance center 3.7.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 01, 2019 08:42 PM
    Hi Patrick,

Have you used the CAPM sizing tool? Its online at - https://casupport.broadcom.com/phpdocs/7/8568/sizer/index.html

The docops for 3.7 is - https://docops.ca.com/ca-performance-management/3-7/en/getting-started

• 3.  RE: Netops / Performance center 3.7.2

Posted Jul 02, 2019 10:08 AM

Thank you for providing the link to the Doc.  In the Doc it says :

Administrative privileges are required to install the software. Typically, the root users installs the

software. In some environments, unrestricted root user access is not available.

If root user access is not available, configure a sudo user with access to a limited set of

commands.

If you install the components with a sudo user account, add the 'sudo' prefix to commands that

require the same user as the service owner, such as restart commands and SSL set up.

If we are one of those cases where unrestricted root user access is not available so sudo will be necessary, where can we find a list of the commands that

will be necessary to be assigned sudo?

• 4.  RE: Netops / Performance center 3.7.2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 02, 2019 08:13 PM
    Hi Patrick,

Each component has different sudo command requirements. So for the DR, the commands are listed under:
    Configure the Sudo User Account for the Data Repository

For the DA:
    Configure the Sudo User Account for Data Aggregator

For the DC:
    Configure the Sudo User Account for Data Collector

And for the PC:
    Configure the Sudo User Account for Performance Center