DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  On NFA portal do not show the name of device/interface

Posted Feb 06, 2020 12:42 PM
    Hi everyone.
    I see a situation unusual, on the administration/Enable_Interfaces do not show the name of device and interfaces...

What can I do?

• 2.  RE: On NFA portal do not show the name of device/interface

Posted Feb 07, 2020 07:11 AM
    Edited by James Brunner Feb 07, 2020 09:41 AM
    I have this as well when using Firefox (my version is v72) but it works fine in Chrome (my version is v80). I thought I had a solution long ago but I can't find it (or I might be dreaming). Not dreaming, see solution below.

JB.

• 3.  RE: On NFA portal do not show the name of device/interface

Posted Feb 07, 2020 08:36 AM
    Hello, same issue here with the latest version of NFA - I assume it's a flash issue, didn't took time yet to investigate further

• 4.  RE: On NFA portal do not show the name of device/interface
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 07, 2020 09:39 AM
    Edited by Diane Craddock Feb 11, 2020 01:26 PM
    I've remembered the fix now. It's down to Firefox and hardware acceleration.

In Firefox, open the menu and click Options > General. Scroll down to the Performance section. Untick "Use recommended settings" then untick "Use hardware acceleration". Restart Firefox and try again. Works perfectly for me.

While this does work, this will disable hardware acceleration for all websites. See my later post for just disabling in Flash apps.

JB.

------------------------------
    Director of Global Network Services
    Informa Plc

• 5.  RE: On NFA portal do not show the name of device/interface

Posted Feb 07, 2020 10:00 AM
    James, thanks, disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox fixed the issue

• 6.  RE: On NFA portal do not show the name of device/interface

Posted Feb 07, 2020 10:10 AM
    Actually my memory is now really working again. There is a much easier way to disable hardware acceleration in just flash and leave it operational for the rest of Firefox and all your other website browsing.

Open the NFA console in Firefox and go to Admin > Enable Interfaces. Right-click inside the interface window and click settings...

The untick the "enable hardware acceleration" box and Close. You should set the main Firefox options back to the original state if you changed them like I recommended above.

Restart Firefox and run NFA console again.

JB.

Director of Global Network Services
    Informa Plc

• 7.  RE: On NFA portal do not show the name of device/interface

Posted Feb 07, 2020 11:18 AM
    Hi Everyone.
    My problem is with IE and Chrome, for politics the customer not install other browser. They have IE 11 and chrome 67.0.33

Any idea, what can I do?

• 8.  RE: On NFA portal do not show the name of device/interface

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 24, 2020 11:46 AM
    We recommend using Chrome, and have recently found that the new MS Edge browser will display the names properly.