DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA SPTECTRUM

Posted Nov 11, 2019 07:26 PM
    We use Spectrum as alarm concentrator (broker). Is it possible to have an informational type alarm in Spectrum? A third-party monitoring tool sends a trap to Spectrum just by reporting that an automatic script has been executed and fixed a bug. We want this event to alert the monitoring team to take notice.
    We do not know whether this is possible or how to do so since opting for a conditional alarm could be associated with "normal" severity but how to distinguish this informational alarm from the others.

• 2.  RE: CA SPTECTRUM
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 12, 2019 01:44 AM
    Hi Wilson,

I have always used the "Normal" severity for that. There is nothing between that and "Minor", so I guess you have to decide between them.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 3.  RE: CA SPTECTRUM

Posted Nov 12, 2019 10:30 AM
    I have the same view on using "normal" severity for informational alarms, but I need to report with them (especially those that tell you that automated scripts have successfully corrected the fault) and not find them in the alarmcondition table in reporting database or view v_dim_alarm_condition in srmdbapi database the record with this severity, only minor, major, critical and maintenance, with condition_id 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively. I did not understand the fact that there is no "normal" in the reporting database.
    Thanks.

• 4.  RE: CA SPTECTRUM

Posted Nov 13, 2019 01:49 AM
    Hi Wilson,

Very well observed. This is an important gap, which I haven't noticed that before.

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark