DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

• 1.  BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 04, 2019 08:00 AM

I have a problem to display a dynamic alarm title for BGP Flap. Could any one help on this

The requirement is that only specific set of devices requires BGP flap Alerts :- I have created a global collection and  created event  rule which is working fine

But I need to create dynamic Alarm  title on the same alarms(0xfff0004c) title as BGP flap Peer <IP address >

This is the current event rule shown in the EventDisp. This is  to create an Alarm if the device is a member of IWAN_BGP global collection. 

But I need to change the critical alarms title(0xfff0004c)  dynamically

Current Event Rule :-  working  with Static alarm Title 

0xfff0004c E 0 A 3,0xfff0004c,U

0x220011 E 30 R CA.EventCondition, "(regexp({a 0x12adb}, {S \"IWAN_BGP\"}))" , "0xfff0004c  -:-"

For getting the 0xfff0004c alarms with Dynamic Alarms Title I have removed the above existing rule and configure as below but is not working, Could you help on this

0x220011 E 30 R CA.EventCondition, "(regexp({a 0x12adb}, {S \"IWAN_BGP\"}))" , { H 0xfff0004c },\  

SetEventVariable(\

GetEventVariableList(),\

{ H 0x00012b4c },\

Append( \{ S \"BGP backward transition. Peer router: \" },\

GetEventVariable( { U 5 } ))))"

• 2.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 04, 2019 08:26 AM
    Hi Abitha,

The easiest way to do that would be to break the processing into 2 parts. First you create the new event (no severity) if the model is part of the global collection.
    Then you create a new event based on that one, which you configure the dynamic alarm. It might mean having 3 events for a single alarm, but that is how I know how to do it presently.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 3.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 05, 2019 10:13 AM

Thanks Marcelo

From this event 0xfff0004c  I have copied  new event
    0xfff00052 in event console and assigned severity as a critical , can you help me for the new event(0xfff00052) how I can get the dynamic alarms title?

This the Event message which is showing

******************************* 0xfff00052 and 0xfff0004c *************************
    A bgpBackwardTransition trap has been received for this device.  The peer router is {S 5}, the current state is {T bgpPeerState 3}, and the LastError is {O 1}.
    ***************************************************************************************

• 4.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 05, 2019 10:27 AM
    Hi All,

Anyone can help me on this please.

• 5.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 06, 2019 02:18 AM
    Hi Abitha,

It should be something like this:

0xfff0004c P "CreateEventWithVariables({C CURRENT_MODEL}, {H 0xfff00052}, SetEventVariable(GetEventVariableList(), {H 0x12b4c}, Append({S \"BGP backward transition. Peer router: \"}, GetEventVariable({U 5}))))"

Regards,

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 6.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 01:36 AM

But still new event (0xfff00052) not triggering base on the 0xfff0004c

I have done below step :-

1, Modified "EventDisp" as per the below

0x220011 E 30 R CA.EventCondition, "(regexp({a 0x12adb}, {S \"IWAN_BGP\"}))"i , "0xfff0004c  -:-"

0xfff0004c P "CreateEventWithVariables({C CURRENT_MODEL}, {H 0xfff00052}, SetEventVariable(GetEventVariableList(), {H 0x12b4c}, Append({S \"BGP backward transition. Peer router: \"}, GetEventVariable({U 5}))))"

Screenshot

2, In VNM Update Event configuration

3, Recreate the issue on event "0xfff0004c" the following event for dynamic alarms not triggering "0x12b4c"

• 7.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 01:46 AM
    Hi Abitha,

You cannot have two entries for the same event in the EvenDisp file. Please remove the first one. The event 0xfff0004c should be severity none, the critical event is 0xfff00052, right?

Regards,

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 8.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 02:29 AM
    If I remove the first entry the how can I get Spectrum event rule worked only for a specific global collection ?

• 9.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 02:34 AM
     Specific global collection Alarm trigger rule

• 10.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 03:06 AM
    Abitha,

Spectrum will invoke 0xfff0004c from this rule in the screenshot, and it will be referred to in the EvendDisp file on that line with the EventProcedure. But, in Event Configuration, the event 0xfff0004c has to have severity none. When it is generated, it will in turn invoke the event 0xfff00052 from the EvenProcedure defined.

Regards,

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 11.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 03:18 AM
    0xfff0004c E 0 A 3,0xfff0004c,U

0x220011 E 30 R CA.EventCondition, "(regexp({a 0x12adb}, {S \"IWAN_BGP\"}))"i , "0xfff0004c -:-"

0xfff0004c P "CreateEventWithVariables({C CURRENT_MODEL}, {H 0xfff00052}, SetEventVariable(GetEventVariableList(), {H 0x12b4c}, Append({S \"BGP backward transition. Peer router: \"}, GetEventVariable({U 5}))))"

In EvendDisp file we have 3 line for same event, do i need to remove first two line ? 

• 12.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 03:42 AM
    No, only the first one. It should look like this:

0x220011 E 30 R CA.EventCondition, "(regexp({a 0x12adb}, {S \"IWAN_BGP\"}))"i , "0xfff0004c -:-"

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 13.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 04:43 AM

This works for me, peer IP has come to alarm title. There is an issue if the same router has multiple peer with different IP address. It deduplicates all the flap alert on different peers to one. I would require the flap on individual peer to be deduplicated. 

• 14.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 08:40 AM
    On the event configuration, there is an option to select which variable Spectrum will use for duplication checks. Make sure to use variable 5.

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 15.  RE: BGP Flap Dynamic Alarm title

Posted Nov 08, 2019 09:04 AM
    Use variable 5 as discriminator in the event 0xfff00052 which will treat each peer router as unique while generating the alarm.

Thank you.
    Rajashekar