DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum upgrade & migration path

Posted Jun 14, 2021 04:20 PM
    Sorry if this has been asked by others before. We are required to migrate all RHLE 6 servers to RHLE 8. Currently we have out Spectrum servers running on RHLE 6. Spectrum version is v10.4.0.
    After checking with Spectrum online Doc, I think only Spectrum v10.4.3 can be installed for RHLE 8?
    So please suggest if this is the correct upgrade/migration path:

1: Make new fresh RHLE 8 VMs ready for SpectroServer and One-click server(this has been done already);

2: Install fresh Spectrum 10.4.3 on new SpectroServer and One-click server.

3: Migrate Data and config from old Spectrum servers (ver 10.4 and RHLE 6)

4: Import SSL/HTTPS cert, integrate login/LDAP if needed.

If I miss any important step please remind me! Also, I am new to admin the servers, please suggest in addition to Spectrum online document, is there any good detailed KB/CASE/DOC can help me work through the process smoothly!

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Spectrum upgrade & migration path

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2021 04:46 PM
    I recommend doing the dbsavefile.SSdb method to migrate the 10.4.0 database to 10.4.3.

Reference https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/spectrum/10-4-3/installing-and-upgrading/upgrading/migrating-and-upgrading-ca-spectrum.html

Joe

• 3.  RE: Spectrum upgrade & migration path

Posted Jun 28, 2021 12:49 AM
    Thanks!
    Now we have fresh new servers(VMs) ready for this duty, 1 x SpectroServer and 1 x OneClick Server, they are with RHLE 8.
    I have my GEN500000000003344.tar.gz downloaded and copied to the new SpectroServer  now. Do I have to copy this file to OneClick Server as well or no need?

I read the document and it seems need the new SpectroServer  need x11 forwarding for something GUI. I was told that this can be installed as distribution installation mode from a Windows Server. If this is true, does it have to be a Windows Server or a regular Windows 10 Pro will do this job?

Where can I get some document s and KBs about the distribution installation from a Windows platform?

Thanks!