DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Synchronization failure with Spectrum

Posted Apr 08, 2021 10:37 AM
    Hello CA team,

Today I saw this message Synchronization failure with Spectrum on CAPC and I would to know if only I restarts the OneClick Server solves this problem?
    Doing the restart on Oneclick Server,it could be dangerous and would stop the entire solution?

thank you

Valéria

• 2.  RE: Synchronization failure with Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2021 10:58 AM
    Restarting OC does not stop Spectrum SS's doing their job.  They will still poll and accept traps.  It just restarts the OC UI and any integrations you might have.  It is a good practice to have your integrations to Spectrum on a OC that the Users don't use if there is a concern that the users need access to the OC at all times.  

In a setup where customers would like to have the high availability for the users access to the OC they have this:
    2 Load Balanced OC servers for the End Users, 1 OC server just for integrations.  This would be the minimums, very large environments will have setups based on various criteria. 

Jay Wink

------------------------------
    Solution Engineer - AIOps
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Synchronization failure with Spectrum

Posted Apr 09, 2021 02:37 PM
    Hello Jay,

Thank you for your reply.

Valéria

• 4.  RE: Synchronization failure with Spectrum

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2021 12:07 PM

Did it resolve the sync issues?

If not, what is the sync ERROR message in /opt/CA/PerformanceCenter/DM/logs/DMService.log on PC when it fails?

• 5.  RE: Synchronization failure with Spectrum

Posted Apr 15, 2021 12:57 PM
    Hi Jeffrey,

I've restarted the OneClick Server and after that I could sync the Spectrum Server again with CAPC.

thank you,

Valéria