DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  interfaces disabled on capc

Posted Jun 15, 2021 10:30 AM
    Hello CA Team

How can I enable the interfaces again on netflow analysys,as you can see the last updated was June 02,2021:

On CAPC theses interfaces are showing up with flow status like critical and I would like to sync again with netflow.How can I fix this error?

thank you,

Valéria

• 2.  RE: interfaces disabled on capc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 11:42 AM
    Hi Valeria,

if you have NFA integrated into NetOps Portal (formerly CAPC), you can enable interfaces from Administration > Data Sources > Network Flow Analysis @...

Go to Manage Monitoring section in the left menu, select your device and interfaces and click on Enable

NetOps Portal requires version 20.2+ and NFA requires 10.0.3+

There is one setting that allows you to enable Interfaces automatically when receiving flows on it

Another option is to use NFA Open API

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/network-flow-analysis/10-0-0/reference/network-flow-analysis-odata-api/entity-operations/routers-and-interfaces/available-interface.html#concept.dita_1158f356d73f0dcc7804d915870b8f50f0be9c1e_EnableAvailableInterfaceSingle

Regards

• 3.  RE: interfaces disabled on capc

Posted Jun 16, 2021 02:20 PM
    Hi Jose,

The integration with CAPC is working fine,but the problem is with the harvester 01 because the last updated is June 02,2021 and even I've restarted all the services on harvester and  own server too, I can't change the last updated and the status are show up as critical, as you can see on Administration > Data Sources > Network Flow Analysis @:

on netflow -> interfaces you can see this information:

I think that might be some problem with the harvester 01 because when I made a switch to another harvester the flow status back to status green.
    How can active these interfaces again on harvester 01?Probably might be something on harvester server that happened with database or lost its ifindex. 

thank you,

Valéria

• 4.  RE: interfaces disabled on capc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2021 03:02 PM
    Hi Valeria,

Flow status and Last Updated information is reported by harvesters to NFA Console.

Let's do some checks.

1) confirm the harvester 1 is receiving flows from that device. You can use tcpdump or whireshark for that.

~]# ps -ef | grep nfReaperService
    root      10819      1  0 Jun05 ?        00:00:00 su --session-command=./nfReaperService  nfa
    nfa       10842  10819  0 Jun05 ?        00:12:00 ./nfReaperService
    root     101350 100581  0 14:55 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto nfReaperService

2) check that nfReaperService process is running in harvester 1. This service reads files from Netflow/datafiles/ReaperInput folder and creates .cmp files in Netflow/datafiles/ReaperWork

3)  Every 15 minutes, nfReaperService process reads from NFA/datafiles/ReaperWork and creates .flt files in Netflow/datafiles/NFMInput

4) NFA Console pumps .flt files from harvesters every 1 minutes. Check in Netflow/Logs/fileserver-wrapper.log file in harvester 1 if this is ocurring.

If NFA Console is not able to pump .flt files from harvester 1, it will consider those interfaces are not longer sending flows.

When this circuit works fine, you should see Last Updated column updated (it refresh every 15 minutes), and Flow Status will become green.

I have configured a new interface to export flows, and after 15 min I have Last Flow column in CAPC indicating it.

Now select and enable it. After another 15 minutes, Licensed column will change to "Yes" and interface is ready in the NFA Portal.

Regards

• 5.  RE: interfaces disabled on capc

Posted Jun 16, 2021 03:49 PM
    Hello Jose,

The flow is coming without a problem and you can see here by graphic:

nfReaperService process is running in harvester 1 :

Netflow/Logs/fileserver-wrapper.log file works fine:

but the last updated doesn't sync and on capc I can't see theses interfaces because of this.

When I had problem with capc sync netflow I must updated the ID product on nfa console,maybe you know this error DS_PRODUCT_ID_CHANGED error for the NFA data source.

I think the harvester 01 lost your mapping to nfa console,because I can see all graphs without problems by interfaces only problem is the last updated that never more updated correctly.

thank you

Valéria

• 6.  RE: interfaces disabled on capc

Posted Jun 17, 2021 11:34 AM
    Hello Jose,

As you can see the flow is coming and updated without problems,but the last flow keeps frozen:

If I delete all interfaces and recreate all of them again,Will I lose all information in database?

thank you for your supporting

Valéria

• 7.  RE: interfaces disabled on capc

Posted Jun 17, 2021 02:29 PM
    Hi Valerie

The "Last Flow" in the NFA console (and CAPC) is updated from a webservice call to the harvesters; sorry I don't recall the port. It seems likely that communication has been blocked since you can still view current flow information.

hth,
    Steve

• 8.  RE: interfaces disabled on capc

Posted Jun 17, 2021 03:23 PM
    Hello Steve,

Would be the 8066 port?

How can I change this port to webservice call or how can i see this port was blocked

thank you

Valéria

• 9.  RE: interfaces disabled on capc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2021 10:00 AM
    Some Articles that can help you on this case:
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=216450
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=188948
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=213395
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=74974

------------------------------
    Sr Support Engineer