DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  MIB - enforce MIB for device ASR 1006-X

Posted Oct 20, 2020 05:46 AM
    Hello,

I have an issue with one specific equipment from Cisco, ASR 1006-X. Spectrum only detects it as being an CiscoRT (Device Type) and Model Type Name GnSNMPDevice.

The device OID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.2143, in the ehealth webpage (in the spreadsheet) I can not find the device - so I think its not supported; I've dowloaded CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB from Cisco (and confirmed that the device is in that MIB list, as asr1006X) and added it with the MIB tool to the Cisco vendor. With the Device Certification tool I do find that OID but defined to be like a generic Cisco router with simple support level. I digged a little bit and found that this device uses the same bin file as other models in the same asr100x family (for example 1009-x) - asr1000rpx86-universalk9.16.09.04.SPA.bin, so I belive that the support should be more or less the same.

So, what should I do to make this device recognisable like it should be (as a ASR 1006-X and not a generic)? Should I change the Device Certification of this OID? Is there another way to enforce this MIB/OID to the device?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: MIB - enforce MIB for device ASR 1006-X

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2020 10:52 AM
    Hi Bruno,

Have you tried the Self Certification?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGchBbS-Zbw&t=367s

------------------------------
    Technical Support Engineer IV
    Broadcom Inc
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: MIB - enforce MIB for device ASR 1006-X

Posted Oct 21, 2020 04:11 AM
    Edited by Bruno Reis Oct 21, 2020 04:55 AM
    Hello Silvio,
    Thanks for the tip.

I follow the first procedure using the Device Certification Manager and changing the existing one. It seems to work properly (setup the right Device Family in the Configuration Manager, got access to the Performance tab and it recorded the Running and Startup config). Are there any more tests I should perform to confirm that everything is ok?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: MIB - enforce MIB for device ASR 1006-X

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 09:14 AM
    Is it discovering CPU/Memory/System/etc metric families?

If this is about seeing the vendor and model name in Details, you can add it using some custom ability we added.

On DA, apache-karaf-2.4.3/etc create a ModelMap.cfg file.
    In there, each line should be like:
    1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.2143=Cisco ASR 1006-X

Then run rediscovery button, and in a few mins, it should show the model name under Model.
    I suspect Vendor is already filled in with Cisco.

• 5.  RE: MIB - enforce MIB for device ASR 1006-X

Posted Oct 22, 2020 05:22 AM
    Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks for the repply.

The issue was with Spectrum, not Performance Center, but I appreciate that info you gave me because I might need to check Performance Center also.

Thanks