DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Email verification code when logging into the Broadcom Website (support/community)

Posted Feb 12, 2020 07:59 AM
    ​Hi Community!

Do you also get prompted for a email verification every time you log onto the Broadcom Website? I find it pretty annoying. I asked Support to change it to only verify if I log in from a different client, but thy consiber this ans an enhancement request and will implement it later - perhaps.

Cheers,
    Joern

------------------------------
    Senior System Engineer
    Computacenter

• 2.  RE: Email verification code when logging into the Broadcom Website (support/community)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 13, 2020 09:59 AM
    Hello, 

Yes, I went through a Loop of those requests the other day. 
    Oddly when I log in from some systems I get an option to Not be Challenge again on *this* system. 
    When I was working with someone else they only had the option to Not be challenged for 15 Minutes !!!

We have no Idea why the difference - there must be some property tied to the user account.
    For this community Login I was required to signup for a Two factor Authentication - for which  I have yet to be prompted ...

• 3.  RE: Email verification code when logging into the Broadcom Website (support/community)

Posted Feb 14, 2020 07:32 AM
    ​​Hi Don!

Thanks for your answer! I get only the 15 minutes option - I would be totally happy with beeing challenged once per client.
    15 minutes it is since last friday. After I logged a ticket they increased it from 5 to 15 minutes.

I did not see anything in the user settings. However if somone has an idea where and how this can be changed - please let me know!

Cheers,
    Jioern

Senior System Engineer
    Computacenter