DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum 10.3.2 new web client

Posted Jul 03, 2019 10:46 AM
    ​Hi All,
    Just loaded the 10.3.2 Spectrum for the first time, and I was skeptical at first about the web client that I had heard about. But after seeing it , it is AWESOME.  I like it !  It appears to have all the functionality of the old client but I haven't done a through shakedown yet.  Can anyone tell me if they have seen any issues with the interface itself or any of the integrations.

TIA

• 2.  RE: Spectrum 10.3.2 new web client

Posted Jul 07, 2019 08:27 AM
    Hello
    until now we didn't face any bug in it 

best regards

------------------------------
    Customer services director
    Future systems
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Spectrum 10.3.2 new web client

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2019 03:19 PM

Hey Patrick,

We have been getting very similar feedback as yours to the Web Client.  Customers are loving it.
    The biggest thing for most is the removal of the java dependency.

Engineering has been pretty quick to fix most bugs that come up with the client since it was introduced in 10.3.1. 
    If you see anything, please let support know.

Thanks!

Matt 

• 4.  RE: Spectrum 10.3.2 new web client

Posted Jul 10, 2019 04:51 PM
    For the most part, our user community is very happy with it.

Before we rolled it out we had a sessions with our various groups to try to crash it in the lab.  Our lab box doesn't have as much memory as our production system.  We ended up with over 30 simultaneous sessions.  While the server said that we maxed out the RAM, the system was showing that they were sharing it nicely with each other.

Since then we have now rolled it out to production.  There are some comments about some differences.  Here is what they have said so far:
    • If you clone a window, you can't drag it to another screen.  It all stays within the web browser page that you have open for OneClick.  Kinda makes sense when you think about this running on the server and just displaying back to your browser.
    • Likewise when you click off a pop-up window, you have to remember it went behind the window in the web page.
    • Time is based on server time.  Since our servers are all set for UTC, that has caused some confusion with people used to local time.
    • Copy and Paste operate differently.  When you hit control-c a window pops up on the bottom right.  It shows the content and gives the option to copy or discard.  If you don't do anything, you haven't copied it.  So you need to copy within that window so that you can paste it.  Little clumsy.
    But overall, the response has been very positive.  Happy to get rid of Java on the desktop and the heavy memory requirements that it has.