DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Meraki MX to Cisco Switch connection modeling

Posted Nov 20, 2019 03:01 PM
    I cannot get Spectrum to create a link between a Cisco switch and a Meraki MX device when doing Discover Connections from either device.  Cisco is talking CDP and Meraki MX would be talking LLDP I believe.  So in this scenario would there be another method Spectrum would use to make the connection?  Cisco Device and Meraki MX device have different snmp profiles but I do not think that would matter.

• 2.  RE: Meraki MX to Cisco Switch connection modeling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2019 04:27 PM
    The only other thing I can think of to look at is do either of these devices also support the dot1dTpFDB (forwarding) table.

• 3.  RE: Meraki MX to Cisco Switch connection modeling

Posted Nov 21, 2019 10:31 AM
    I viewed a sapwalk from a Meraki MX400 and Meraki MX64.  Both do not have the OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3.1.1 in the sapwalk for bridge-mib unfortunately.
    The Meraki doc states below.  Curiously, the sapwalk of the two devices do not include any serial number reference. 

"The Meraki dashboard and Meraki SNMP capable devices support the following standard MIBs:
    SNMPv2-MIB .1.3.6.1.2.1.1
    IF-MIB .1.3.6.1.2.1 "

There is a Meraki-Cloud-Controller-MIB for snmp polling to the Meraki Dashboard only.   It has an interface table section where it has an interfaceMAC.
    The Meraki dashboard snmp.meraki.com would have to be polled for that specific device so not sure how to make Spectrum do that or if that could help.
    We don't have snmp open to snmp.meraki.com at this time.

• 4.  RE: Meraki MX to Cisco Switch connection modeling
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 25, 2019 09:35 AM
    Provided sapwalk2 files to support of the Meraki MX and Meraki MS switch which I cannot get Spectrum to map connection between also.  Support loaded into their Spectrum tool and Spectrum mapped the connection.  Awaiting support for further instructions.