DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Changing the Spectrum IP address

Posted Dec 02, 2021 11:38 PM
    Helo folks,
    I have installed Spectrum 21.2 on production server but it took management IP address instead of Production IP address so please suggest me how to change the Spectrum IP address. I have followed some articles but it didn't help me like add the host entry with Production IP address in /etc/hosts file. Kindly suggest if any one did previously.

------------------------------
    Regards,

Eshwar
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Changing the Spectrum IP address

Posted Dec 03, 2021 03:02 AM
    Any Spectrum installation is bound to the hostname of the machine. The IP is not important. 

The IP is relevant in Distributed Installation, where communication should occur with different nodes in the DSS installation and firewalls are filtering communication between those. Otherwise, it does not make a difference. 

There is no procedure required to change the IP Address of a Spectrum installation. There is one for changing the hostname, though. 

Just mention each hosts that a node in a DSS  that the node should communicate to with the IP required address in /etc/hosts of the server. When resolving the ip address, it will go down the required path.