DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Bank wise top 10 devices reports specific to number of times 60% of IN & OUT utilization last 15 days

Posted Jul 05, 2019 02:56 AM
    HI All,

we have ca pm 3.7 in this we want a report customization or dashboard with the following details.

Bank wise top 10 devices reports specific to number of times 60% of IN & OUT utilization last 15 days.

Thanks,
    john.

• 2.  RE: Bank wise top 10 devices reports specific to number of times 60% of IN & OUT utilization last 15 days

Posted Jul 17, 2019 10:13 AM
    Hi All,

Can anyone will help me in this..
    Thanks,
    john.

• 3.  RE: Bank wise top 10 devices reports specific to number of times 60% of IN & OUT utilization last 15 days

Posted Jul 18, 2019 05:13 AM
    I would create an event that should be trigger every time the 60% utilization is reached. Then see all events associated with that specific rule. 

If I understand correctly, the relevant information would the number of times the utilization was over 60%. 

However I don't see this as relevant information from a sizing perspective. Maybe a better one would be the usage of percentile.

------------------------------
    Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks

• 4.  RE: Bank wise top 10 devices reports specific to number of times 60% of IN & OUT utilization last 15 days

Posted Jul 18, 2019 05:50 AM
    Hi,

I need something similar and the way I'm doing is using threshold profiles, so I export the events to excel and then count to make the top 10.

Unfortunately, I have not found any other way to do it.

I also made an "Idea" for that : https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=f742c802-b249-4b20-a4d5-43571387b7bd

BR,
    Pedro Lourenço

• 5.  RE: Bank wise top 10 devices reports specific to number of times 60% of IN & OUT utilization last 15 days

Posted Jul 18, 2019 05:59 AM
    Do you also have Spectrum? Any events, alerts would be sent to SPECTRUM. Maybe you can extract those in better way in Jasper and create some dashboard.

Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks

• 6.  RE: Bank wise top 10 devices reports specific to number of times 60% of IN & OUT utilization last 15 days

Posted Jul 18, 2019 07:19 AM

HI Catalin,

Yes we have the jasper and spectrum integration , but if we want that report means again we need to create the global collection in spectrum , am I right.

Thanks & Regards,

John.robert

Chennai-DC

Mob : +91-9688425466

• 7.  RE: Bank wise top 10 devices reports specific to number of times 60% of IN & OUT utilization last 15 days

Posted Jul 18, 2019 06:47 AM
    HI Catalin,

we also doing the same but when we are collect the threshold over event for the particular group of devices , it will not showing the count , simply display what are the times it has went over threshold for the particular device . again we need to do the manual calculation for each and every devices.

Thanks,
    john.

• 8.  RE: Bank wise top 10 devices reports specific to number of times 60% of IN & OUT utilization last 15 days

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2019 05:19 PM
    you can try an OpenAPI query

http://DA_HOST:8581/odata/api/portmfs?$expand=interface,device&$select=im_Utilization,im_UtilizationIn,max_im_Utilization,interface/Name,interface/SpeedIn,interface/SpeedOut,device/Name&$filter=((im_Utilization gt 60))

also github has some interesting apps. Link Peak Analysis is close to what you're asking
    https://github.com/CA-PM/Link-Peak-Analysis

the threshold is set to 70% but some java script knowledge and you can modify index.html and zip and use the "App Deployment" from the admin menus

https://docops.ca.com/ca-performance-management/3-7/en/apis/openapi/openapi-apps#OpenAPIApps-DeployanApp

Terry