DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to generate Alarms in CA PM

Posted Oct 12, 2021 08:35 AM
    Hi Folks,
    We are monitoring some devices from the monitoring profile. since we created threshold profiles based on the threshold values. and assigned threshold to our monitoring profiles. Events are generating fine based on the threshold profile but events are not transforming as a alarms and we couldn't see any alarms in  the alarms view. Please suggest to get the alarms for my thresholds. However, how to send alarms from PM to Spectrum if integration done between them?

------------------------------
    Regards,

Eshwar

• 2.  RE: Unable to generate Alarms in CA PM

Posted Oct 12, 2021 09:38 AM
    Hi Eshwar,

Are you able to verify that event polling is enabled in Spectrum:

Follow these steps:
    • From the OneClick home page, click 
      Administration
    • In the left panel, click 
      NetOps Portal
       Integration Configuration
    • For Event Polling, specify the poll interval in seconds, and select 
      Enabled
      Default:
       60 seconds
    • Click 
      Save
      DX NetOps Spectrum
       starts polling events on the next poll cycle.

Hth,
    Steve

• 3.  RE: Unable to generate Alarms in CA PM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2021 09:53 AM
    Eshwar,

A few additional tips that I hope clear some things up.

PM only raises Events. It doesn't raise Alarms.

PM when integrated with Spectrum sends its Threshold Event Events to Spectrum to raise as Alarms.

The PM Alarm Views are only for displaying Spectrum Alarms but we first have to add Spectrum as a Data Source in the PM Portal to integrate the two before those will work.

More information about the integration between the two products is found in the Integrate with DX NetOps Spectrum for Fault Management section of the PM documentation.

- Mike

• 4.  RE: Unable to generate Alarms in CA PM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2021 11:06 AM
    To append to what Mike wrote, after Spectrum is a Data Source, Spectrum creates a IP Domain Global Collection for each IP Domain in PC.

Be sure to discover the same devices in Spectrum and add the device(s) to the same IP Domain GC that aligns to the IP Domain the DA device is in.

When the DA/Spectrum device are consolidated, then threshold events should create Alarms in Spectrum on the same device/interface.
    Check the CAPC_Item_ID attribute on the device and/or interface Spectrum model to make sure it's filled in.  It it's 0, then no event/alarm will be sent to that device.

The Alarm Console will show all alarms in Spectrum based on landscape group, but will only link to the PC device/interface item if the alarm is on a synced Spectrum device/interface.

• 5.  RE: Unable to generate Alarms in CA PM

Posted Oct 13, 2021 06:18 AM
    Thank you for your response.
    I have added Spectrum as a Data Source in PM and enabled event polling in the spectrum but still can't see any event alarms generated in Spectrum as well as in PM Alarm console. For your reference I haven't created IP domains for my devices in CA PM while discovering the devices. Is it mandatory to create IP domains if my network device IP's are not conflict? Any additional changes are required to bring my events to Spectrum even if we integrate with PM?

Regards,

Eshwar

• 6.  RE: Unable to generate Alarms in CA PM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2021 04:00 PM
    If you haven't created a new custom IP Domain, then everything will end up under the default IP Domain that's set up OOTB.

You should see a Global Collection in Spectrum named Default Domain that represents the PM default IP Domain.

Are there Spectrum devices models added to that Global Collection?

For the Alarm Views missing Spectrum Alarms, is a Spec admin user configured in the Spectrum Data Source settings in the PM Portal?

- Mike

• 7.  RE: Unable to generate Alarms in CA PM

Posted Oct 18, 2021 02:55 AM
    Yes, we have added Spectrum devices models added to the Global Collection and configured admin user in Spectrum Data Source settings in the PM portal.

Regards,

Eshwar

• 8.  RE: Unable to generate Alarms in CA PM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2021 08:08 AM

As Jeffrey informed did you have a chance of check the CAPC_Item_ID attribute on the device and/or interface Spectrum model to make sure it's filled in. if it's 0, then no event/alarm will be sent to that device.

What version of SP and PM

Did you have a chance of recycle the SP OC Tomcat Service?

Check message in SP Linux catalina.out file or Windows stdout.log file for SP and from NetOps Portal Server /opt/CA/PerformanceCenter/DM/logs/wrapper-*.log from