DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Install and Linux OS question

Posted Feb 14, 2020 05:05 PM
    Hi All,
    Can anyone tell me how high a version of RedHat OS can we install Specturm to. We just tried to install 10.3.2 on Red hat v7.7 and I am encountering issues.

TIA

• 2.  RE: Spectrum Install and Linux OS question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 05:09 PM
    To my knowledge Spectrum 10.3.2 is supported on Red Hat 7.7 64 bit.

What issues are you encountering?

Joe

• 3.  RE: Spectrum Install and Linux OS question

Posted Feb 18, 2020 11:00 AM
    Agreed, it is during the 10.3 portion we are encountering the issue. The problem is trying to install linux Spectrum with sudo commands that are supposed to be root level, but doesn't appear to be functioning correctly.  As an example we are   doing  a (spectrumuser) sudo ./sradmininstall.bin , it brings up the installer gui and accepts all the regular prompts and says its has completed.  But when I do a ps -ef |grep on SRAdmin it doesnt show up in the process list. When we try to reinstall the SRAdmin  a second time it refuses to re-install saying that it cant stop the SRAdmin processs. Which according to the the ps -ef  it doesn't show running. It appears to be an incomplete permissioning  issue for the (spectrumuser) account.

• 4.  RE: Spectrum Install and Linux OS question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2020 05:29 PM
    Have you tried following the directions in the "Gran Limited Root Permissions (Linux)" and "Change the Sudoers File Owner (Linux) sections of the docs, sections for a sudo install?

Joe

• 5.  RE: Spectrum Install and Linux OS question

Posted Feb 17, 2020 06:59 AM
    Hi Patrick,

We've run 10.4 and now running 10.4.1 on RHEL 7.7 (Maipo) in AWS on their 64-bit tin without issues. We moved from Windows to RHEL on our jump from 10.3.x to 10.4.x so can't comment on your version - so my post isn't really that helpful now I think about it...

Regards, JB.

------------------------------
    Director of Global Network Services
    Informa Plc

• 6.  RE: Spectrum Install and Linux OS question
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2020 09:17 AM
    Hi Patrick,

Note that DX Spectrum 10.3.2 is not a full release. You must install DX Spectrum 10.3.0 first, then upgrade to 10.3.2.

Also see the System Requirements for Linux:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/spectrum/10-3-2/installing-and-upgrading/fresh-install/system-requirements-for-installing-ca-spectrum/spectroserver-and-oneclick-requirements/system-requirements-for-linux.html

DX/CA Spectrum Upgrade Path

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=136964

Technical Support Engineer IV
    Broadcom Inc

• 7.  RE: Spectrum Install and Linux OS question

Posted Feb 18, 2020 10:59 AM
    Agreed, it is during the 10.3 portion we are encountering the issue. The problem is trying to install linux Spectrum with sudo commands that are supposed to be root level, but doesn't appear to be functioning correctly.  As an example we are   doing  a (spectrumuser) sudo ./sradmininstall.bin , it brings up the installer gui and accepts all the regular prompts and says its has completed.  But when we do a ps -ef |grep on SRAdmin it doesnt show up in the process list. When we try to reinstall the SRAdmin  a second time it refuses to re-install saying that it cant stop the SRAdmin processs. Which according to the the ps -ef  it doesn't show running. It appears to be an incomplete permissioning  issue for the (spectrumuser) account.