DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CAPM component availability

Posted Nov 18, 2019 05:53 AM
    Edited by Himanshu Patel Nov 18, 2019 06:03 AM

Can CAPM Components be used to in an Availability dashboard?

What I have in mind is to group components, either in one big group or several smaller ones, and to provide an availability dashboard for those groups of components.

If this is possible I will still have work to do to work out how I calculate that availability figure for the component … however if it’s not then I can drop it now.

Any help would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    IT support
    DataEdge Ltd.

• 2.  RE: CAPM component availability

Posted Nov 19, 2019 07:05 AM
    hello,

What do you means by components are you talking about CA PM own other Like DR,DA,DC components availability?

[Resident Enginner ]
    [PTCL]
    [ISlamabad]

• 3.  RE: CAPM component availability
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 10:26 AM

Himanshu,

As Liaquat mentioned, I am not sure exactly what you are asking for but shooting in the dark, here is a doc link for the Device Availability metric that CAPM obtains:

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/performance-management/3-7/using/performance-metrics/device-availability-and-reachability.html

If this is not what you are asking for, could you elaborate on exactly what you are looking for?

Regards,
    Troy

• 4.  RE: CAPM component availability

Posted Nov 21, 2019 05:17 AM
    Edited by Himanshu Patel Nov 21, 2019 05:18 AM

HI,

By components I mean device components, the ones you see under Inventory -> Device Components.

The specific metric family for the component type we are interested in is 'Ethernet OAM Service'… which is used to measure stats for CFM (Connectivity Fault Management) tests in the infrastructure … much like IPSLA tests is one way to think of them.

Our customer is looking to get a measure of service availability across their infrastructure based on the availability of these CFM tests.

So much like you can have a dashboard that can give an overall availability for a group of devices we would like a dashboard to give the overall availability for our Ethernet OAM Service components.

Does anyone know is this possible to achieve in CAPM? Can a device component be given an availability metric that can be used to provide such an availability dashboard?

Regards

IT support
    DataEdge Ltd.

• 5.  RE: CAPM component availability

Posted Nov 21, 2019 05:48 AM
    As long as you can find a way to measure the availability of the component (an OID that would indicate the status), there's always to possibility to extend the OOTB variables with a new one, that would be polled and recorded.

Senior Consultant
    SolvIT Networks