DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  threshhold profile devices coverage

Posted Feb 19, 2020 01:04 PM
    ​Just wan to make sure, when I create a new profile, if I don't specify the GROUP, that will cover ALL GROUPS correct?
    Because I found events showing up from a threshold profile when I have no GROUP assigned to the profile.

Thanks!
    Tao Yang

• 2.  RE: threshhold profile devices coverage
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 06:07 PM
    Hi Tao,

Threshold Profiles require a Group associated to them before we'll begin Threshold Evaluations against Rules created under the given Threshold Profile.

No Events should be raised for Rules in a Threshold Profile that isn't associated to a Group.

If you go to Administration->Monitored Items Management->Threshold Profiles, select the Threshold Profile in question, then select the Groups tab, what is seen there?

Thanks,
    Mike

------------------------------
    Technical Support Engineer IV
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: threshhold profile devices coverage

Posted Feb 19, 2020 06:28 PM
    Thanks Mike, let me remove the group I just added and test again, will update later. Those event might be there when it had a group assigned to and someone removed the group later. I added a group again today so it has some new events. I removed now so tomorrow let me check there.
    Tao

• 4.  RE: threshhold profile devices coverage

Posted Feb 20, 2020 07:55 AM
    Mike I think you are right! Those event to threshold profile without group assigned might be from previous configuration. Someone removed the group but the old event are still there.

Thanks a lot!
    Tao