DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  DX Spectrum - MPLS Transport Manager

Posted Oct 21, 2021 07:56 AM
    Hi all,

I have one requirement to monitor MPLS core network that consists from Cisco and Huawei routers. 
    As Huawei is not supported out-of-box by Spectrum I would like to know if there is a way to do the custom monitoring of Huawei routers by MPLS Trasnsport Manager?

Only Cisco, Juniper and Alcatel are supported OOB. 

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: DX Spectrum - MPLS Transport Manager

Posted Oct 28, 2021 06:54 AM
    Looks like no one is using Huawei routers for the MPLS Core or no one is using MPLS Transport Manager :-)
    I will try too keep you updated if I find any solution for this issue.

Few days ago Spectrum's documentation is updated and now Spectrum is certified for my Huawei devices, but still I can't use MPLS Transport Manager. 
    I have researched my issue and I really don't see why Huawei devices are not supported by MPLS Transport Manager. 
    According to the documentation Spectrum uses SNMP protocol and MIBs to collect information about MPLS devices.

Huawei supports some MIBs related to MPLS like:

HUAWEI-MPLS-EXTEND-MIB

HUAWEI-MPLSLSR-EXT-MIB

MPLS-TE-STD-MIB

HUAWEI-MPLSLDP-MIB

MPLS-L3VPN-STD-MIB

I think that those MIBs contains all needed objects to create a model in Spectrum.

I don't  see the reason why I can't add new MIBs to MPLS Transport Manager or configure MPLS transport Manager to use existing MIBs (there are already MIBs in Spectrum)?
    Does MPLS Transport Manager have its own MIB database or it is using Spectrum's MIB database?

Do I need somewhere link new MIB to MPLS Transport Manager?

• 3.  RE: DX Spectrum - MPLS Transport Manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2021 02:01 PM
    Ivan,

Yes, the MPLS Transport Manager only supports MPLS-enabled Cisco, Juniper, Nokia and Alcatel devices.

An enhancement request will need to be submitted requesting support for the Huawei devices.

Joe