DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum 10.4.1 - Dynamic Alarm Title

Posted Feb 14, 2020 06:49 AM
    Fellow Spectrum admins,

I have verified that the Dynamic Alarm Title functionality works when using event attributes, like this:

However, I could not make it work adding Model Attributes to it. Has anyone attempted to do that or have any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

------------------------------
    Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 2.  RE: Spectrum 10.4.1 - Dynamic Alarm Title

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 07:57 AM
    Hello Marcelo.

The Event below creates a Variable that is composed of the mode name ( 0x100ee) an Underscore and the variable passed in the trap varbind 4 

0xffff00d5 E 50 P "CreateEventWithVariables( {C CURRENT_MODEL}, {H 0xffff00d6},\
    SetEventVariable( GetEventVariableList(), {U 200},\
    Append ( Append( ReadAttribute( { C CURRENT_MODEL },{H 0x1006e}) , {S\"_\"}) , \
    GetEventVariable({U 4})) \
    ) )"

This should work if you used it to set 0x12b4c rather than my U 200,  and shows you the syntax for getting a device attribute.

Enjoy, 
       Don

• 3.  RE: Spectrum 10.4.1 - Dynamic Alarm Title

Posted Feb 14, 2020 08:13 AM
    Hi Don,

I have a solution in place using EventProcedure, but I wanted to try to move that to the new Dynamic Title functionality, as it would be much easier to maintain and implement new requests.

Best regards,

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 4.  RE: Spectrum 10.4.1 - Dynamic Alarm Title

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 09:23 AM
    Hello, 

I cannot find any documentation that states what you can use to create Dynamic Alarm titles in ECE, but it looks like Event Format files contents works:   {d "%w- %d %m-, %Y - %T"}   {t}  {m}.

It would be nice if it was documented.

Don

• 5.  RE: Spectrum 10.4.1 - Dynamic Alarm Title
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2020 02:19 PM
    Hello Marcelo,
    The current enhancement done in 10.4.1 is to be able to include multiple trap varbinds in an alarm title.
    In previous releases,only one trap varbind can be included.  With reg to 'Model attributes' to be included in alarm titles, we can take as enhancement.
    Thanks,
    Hari

• 6.  RE: Spectrum 10.4.1 - Dynamic Alarm Title

Posted Feb 17, 2020 02:17 AM
    Hello Hari,

Thanks for clarifying that. Do I need to raise an idea for the enhancement request?

Best regards,

Marcelo Zacchi
    CA Spectrum consultant
    Nets Denmark

• 7.  RE: Spectrum 10.4.1 - Dynamic Alarm Title

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2020 02:01 AM
    Hi Marcelo,
    Please raise an enhancement request.
    Thanks,
    Hari

• 8.  RE: Spectrum 10.4.1 - Dynamic Alarm Title

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2020 08:19 AM

Hello,

Send me the link when you have created the Idea I will vote for it –

While you on the Idea  page – you could also vote for these while your there.

Thank you,

Don

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.