DX NetOps

View Only

I am looking for a way to manually force all of the Event Rules to re-fire and generate a new event from CAPC

• 1.  I am looking for a way to manually force all of the Event Rules to re-fire and generate a new event from CAPC

Posted Feb 01, 2019 10:52 AM

It was suggested that I also post this in the Spectrum Community. It was posted in teh CAPC Community late yesterday.

= = = =

I will spare you all the background as to "why" , but it general here is my question.

- Once a CAPC evaluation generates an event because of a threshold violation, it will not generate another or a new event for that same Event Rule until teh evaluation has gone back below teh threshold and a Clear event is generated.

What I am looking for is a way to manually force all of the Event Rules to re-fire and generate a new event.

I am being told by CA Support ( from CA Engineering ) that there is no way to do this.

I am told the only way is to modify the create/clear parameters on a specific Event Rule , such that the new parameters will generate a Clear Event. Then modify the parameters back to the original I had set, and wait for teh re-evaluation to generate a new event for over threshold.

I have over 35 Monitoring Profiles, each profile with between 6 and 12 Event Rules each. It is unrealistic to be expected to modify every one of those Event Rules, wait for a clear, modify the rules back, and wait for an event generation.

Does anyone know if ....

Restarting the "dcmd" process on the CAPC Data Collectors (2 of them) , and "dadaemon" on the CA Data Aggregator , make everything reevaluate ?

Thank You

David