DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How do I stop Spectrum discoveries from modeling pingables?

Posted Feb 28, 2019 04:36 PM

We are running Spectrum 10.2.3 in a multi-landscape environment. 

Up to now we've always just imported device lists to the be discovered and modeled as needed. However we are looking to use the discovery console and scheduling to provide more automation in a growing environment. I seem to remember that in the past these auto-discovery profiles could be setup to discover everything and model everything but pingables (I seem to remember an option for that?)

In short, what do I need to setup and where, so that my discoveries are discovering all but only modeling SNMP devices and not including Pingables in the modeling phase?

Thanks in advance.

And yes, I've looked through the docs and searched the community, but have not found the answer I am seeking

• 2.  Re: How do I stop Spectrum discoveries from modeling pingables?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 28, 2019 04:46 PM

Dan,

If you do not wish to discover Pingables with a discovery configuration, uncheck the "Use ICMP first, then SNMP" check box in the Advanced Options:

If you want to discover the Pingables but not model them, then add a filter in the Modeling Configuration to filter out the Pingables from the list of discovered devices to model.

Joe

• 3.  Re: How do I stop Spectrum discoveries from modeling pingables?

Posted Mar 01, 2019 11:44 AM

Thanks Joe!

The second option is what I needed. Only thing is that I had to use the Comparison type of "Not Equal To" since this is an Include type filter it seems.

I will definitely keep the 1st option in mind however in case we don't want to even discover pingables.

Cheers,
    Dan