DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Metric Family for gathering RX/TX Power of interfcaes

Posted Feb 21, 2019 09:05 AM

Hello,

I am using CA PC 3.5 and i want to generate a report for RX/TX power of interfaces .I have routers of juniper, Huawei and Cisco.I want to know that is there any Metric family available in CA PC to achieve this task.

if no then help me how i create a new metric family and add certifications in it for generating reports of RX/TX power on interfaces.

ON cisco it can be done using ENTITY-MIB and CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB. don't know about other vendor MIBS.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/monitoring-rx-tx-power-bias-current-and-temperature-on-the/td-p/2510298

Regards

Akash

• 2.  Re: Metric Family for gathering RX/TX Power of interfcaes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2019 01:48 PM

HI Akash,

I believe that may require a new certification request submitted to support for fulfillment.

Closest VC I can find using the ENTITY-MIB is the 'Entity Sensor' named VC that uses the ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB.

The CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB is found used in the following VC's. The DisplayName is the name it's seen as in the UI.

<DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor Sound</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor AirFlow</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor Humidity</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor Boolean</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor VoltageAC</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor VoltageDC</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor Fan</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor Electric Current</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor Temperature</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor Watts</DisplayName>
    <DisplayName>Cisco System Environment Sensor Frequency</DisplayName>
    I did this by launching <DA_HOST>:8581/typecatalog/certifications/snmp/ which lists all VCs.
    I then searched to find which ones were using those MIB tables per the <MIB>Name</MIB> entries per VC.
    If none of those provide what you need, it'll need to be requested in a new certification request.
    Thanks,
    Mike

• 3.  Re: Metric Family for gathering RX/TX Power of interfcaes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 06:31 AM

I would agree with Mike, and also add, in case you don;t have it, that the following cert page shows us what we have certified

Data Aggregator Certification Portal 

• 4.  Re: Metric Family for gathering RX/TX Power of interfcaes

Posted Mar 20, 2019 04:41 AM

CAPC has one metric family named as environmental sensor optical power but id does not have required VCs that are supported for juniper or cisco.