DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Delete/Remove data from Spectrum DDMDB

Posted Feb 14, 2019 07:46 AM

Hello,

I am using standard Spectrum 10.2.1 and my DDMdb size is approx. 84GB and due to performance issue don't knows exactly whats the cause my archive manager got stuck when i fectch events against any device.

Then its remain stuck even i stop an start SS from control panel. after stopping if i kill the archive manager service and start again then its take approx. 8-12 hours to validate DB.

Is there any way i am able to extract out old data from DB to make Archive manager process fast.

As i heard from support engineers that you have to start from 0 if you want to remove data then you have to start from zero no option for removing data.

for me its look very bad that if i start from 0 then i have no historical data even not of 2-3 months that's needed in many cases. historical events data is always meaningful for company and used in many decision making meetings.

Regards

Akash

• 2.  Re: Delete/Remove data from Spectrum DDMDB
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 14, 2019 08:25 AM

Hi Akash,

You don't necessarily have to start over.  There are scripts in the $SPECROOT/SS/DDM/scripts directory that can be used to purge after x days and optimize to reclaim disk space. You can open them to read the functionality and also reference:

Database Maintenance and Optimization - CA Spectrum - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

The one caveat to this is the optimizing needs 1.5x the disk size of the DDMdb.  Since your DDMdb is 84GB you will need 126GB of free disk space to optimize. 

There are queries you can run as well to see what's being logged:

DDM Database Queries - CA Spectrum - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation  

Cheers

Jay