DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Which MIB is used by Spectrum for the interface error threshold ?

Posted Sep 04, 2018 05:35 AM

I need to change the MIB used for raising PERCENT ERROR alarms on interfaces, because I don't want to take GIANTs into account.

How can I find what MIB is currently used by Spectrum (and how can I change it).

Thanks!

veronique

• 2.  Re: Which MIB is used by Spectrum for the interface error threshold ?

Posted Sep 04, 2018 06:06 AM

In the list of the interface attributes, I find

IND_PortErrorRate

0x220054, But I find no attribute which has that ID 

• 3.  Re: Which MIB is used by Spectrum for the interface error threshold ?

Posted Sep 04, 2018 04:43 PM

Could you use ifInOctets and ifOutOctets to compute a packet rate and then use ifInErrors and ifOutErrors to compute an error rate?

Joe

• 4.  Re: Which MIB is used by Spectrum for the interface error threshold ?

Posted Sep 05, 2018 01:41 AM

Hi, Spectrum is computing already an error rate for me. My question is: which MIBs does spectrum use ? where is it configured ? how can I change that to use a different MIB ?

• 5.  Re: Which MIB is used by Spectrum for the interface error threshold ?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 05, 2018 08:27 AM

Spectrum uses the interfaces and ifMibs to compute utilization, error and discard rates. These are computed internally in the code and cannot be changed by the user.

If you wish to use a different mib, you will can create a custom SpectroWatch. You may need to import the mib into Spectrum if it is not already available.

A word of caution, SpectroWatches can cause a performance issue. Especially on interface/port models. If you create a SpectroWatch and activate it on all interface/port models in the database, it could cause a performance issue.

Joe