DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA PC/PM Vertica DB Monitoring

Posted Oct 04, 2018 05:14 PM

So according to CA PC/PM doc:

The Performance Center, Data Aggregator, and Data Collector components are supported for instrumentation with CA Application Performance Management (CA APM). CA APM receives performance metrics about the component services and hosts. During installation of CA Performance Management components, the installer can configure the CA APM agent. You can also configure the CA APM agent for Performance Center, Data Aggregator, and Data Collector post-installation.

Monitor Server Performance with CA Application Performance Management - CA Performance Management - 3.6 - CA Technologie… 

So, we have CA PC/PM 3.5.0 and were wondering if there is solution for monitoring (in addition to the above) CA PC Data Repository (3 node clustered Vertica DB v8.1.0 on linux). Prefer using CA APM since we will already be monitoring other components of CA PC/PM

We are using CA APM v10.5.2 SP2 on RHEL platform

CA PC/PM also on RHEL platform.

dmdistel

Chris_Knowles

Thanks in advance for all help/assistance

Cheers

Manish

• 2.  Re: CA PC/PM Vertica DB Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2018 05:22 PM

Hello Manish,

There isn't anything like that available in the current product releases.

According to past cases I've found where users have asked for the same thing, there is a solution.

It's a custom APM agent to gather Vertica monitoring statistics that is available from the CA Services team.

Anything like that in the out of the box product would be a new feature.

Thanks,

Michael

• 3.  Re: CA PC/PM Vertica DB Monitoring

Posted Oct 04, 2018 06:23 PM

Thanks polmi05

Is there an additional cost associated with that custom APM agent (from CA Services Team)?

Also, in parallel, could we possibly submit an enhancement request on "IDEAS" section of both Communities (APM & PC/PM)?

Cheers,

Manish

• 4.  Re: CA PC/PM Vertica DB Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 10:07 AM

Hello Manish,

Certainly an Idea wall post to get the idea out there in front of Product Management would be beneficial. Once submitted it can then also begin gathering Up Votes. You can count on one from me.

As far as costs associated to the Services offering I found referenced, that's something best addressed through your CA account management team. Do you know who those contacts are? If not, and if interested in exploring that further, I can find out who that is and get you in touch with them.

Thanks,

Michael

• 5.  Re: CA PC/PM Vertica DB Monitoring

Posted Oct 10, 2018 09:42 AM

thanks polmi06 for the feedback. I'll reach out to our rep. I'll post an idea also.

• 6.  Re: CA PC/PM Vertica DB Monitoring

Posted Oct 05, 2018 10:02 AM