DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Looking for ideas to integrate Spectrum with a Netrix Voice Platform

• 1.  Looking for ideas to integrate Spectrum with a Netrix Voice Platform

Posted Sep 06, 2018 05:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been requested to examinate a feasible integration between SPECTRUM and a VoIP platform called Netrix. The environment is made of around a hundred devices which send SNMP traps to SPECTRUM. The system (Netrix) has some kind of an central element manager but they're the individual consoles which send the information directly to SPECTRUM via SNMP traps. It seems to be a changing environment, the number of consoles can increase and decrease and the IP addresses of the consoles is delivered by DHCP so the customer is not considering to model them manually.

Instead, our first idea was integrating the system using Southbound gateway or something similar but I've read that Southbound gateway is designed for integration with a third party system which sends traps and alarm information of its managed devices to SPECTRUM. Instead we have many different consoles sending the information.

Another approach could be using an script that would be listening for those traps and the trap triggers a model creation via CLI. The downside of this approach is that I would need to rely on the script to perform the trap - alarm mapping to SPECTRUM which could be quite tough.

Could you think out of a way to be able to integrate this? A different approach? Do you have any experience integrating this platform?

• 2.  Re: Looking for ideas to integrate Spectrum with a Netrix Voice Platform

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2018 12:32 PM

Hi Eduardo - this sounds like a question that our services team may be able to answer for you. They have extensive experience with integrations. You may want to contact them directly and see if they have a method of doing what your looking for. 

-Bob