DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SANM Fitlter Policy based on Global Collection

Posted Dec 05, 2018 11:10 AM

I'm trying to create a filter policy to generate incidents only for devices in a specific global collection. It works but only for alarms of the device itself. It does not generate alarms for the device interfaces or any "application model". Even though I understand this behavior it makes the filter useless.

I know I could create another global collection for all the interfaces of the devices, but how about all the other possible "submodels" of the device? Do I need to map all the possible submodels and create global collections? This is very inconvenient and does not scale well.

• 2.  Re: SANM Fitlter Policy based on Global Collection

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2018 01:11 PM

• 3.  Re: SANM Fitlter Policy based on Global Collection

Posted Dec 05, 2018 01:56 PM

This has a few problems:

- I need to create a new procedure for each type of events;

- It only solves the problem for interfaces or I would need to map all the possible event types

- I would apply to all the devices. I'm not sure how this would affect all the other integrations in place.

For interfaces, it would be simpler to create a new global collection.

Unfortunately, this basically means I cannot use the GC to filter alarms.

• 4.  Re: SANM Fitlter Policy based on Global Collection

Posted Dec 11, 2018 05:01 PM

How are you populating your GC's? If you are using a search, are you setting the "Special Criteria" field to "Devices Only"? If so, if you set it to "None", does it populate the GC will the interface and application models as well?

As you eluded to previously, the current functionality is it only takes into consideration the models that are members of the GC. Since the interface and application models are not members of the GC, then it will not pass the filter.

Joe

• 5.  Re: SANM Fitlter Policy based on Global Collection

Posted Dec 12, 2018 08:41 AM

Yes, I'm using search, but there is also statically added devices. Looks like I'll have to create a separate GC to be populated with all the models related to the devices in the existing GC. This is something I wanted to avoid as I'm trying the limit the number of GCs in my setup.