DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Linkless Global Collections

Posted Oct 20, 2017 08:37 AM

Is there a way to capture devices in a global collection without their associated interface links?

• 2.  Re: Linkless Global Collections
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:17 AM

May I ask what for?

But in a nutshell, yes, create a GC with the special criteria "Devices" in it and you will only have devices.

• 3.  Re: Linkless Global Collections

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:24 AM

I have users that will get "confused" by the difference in the arrangement of device models in the GC and Universe Landscapes.  I am trying to make it clear that the GCs are for managing devices and the landscapes are for identifying the network layout. 

• 4.  Re: Linkless Global Collections

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:25 AM

"But in a nutshell, yes, create a GC with the special criteria "Devices" in it and you will only have devices."

Can this be done for GCs that are already created?

• 5.  Re: Linkless Global Collections

Posted Oct 20, 2017 10:31 AM

Yes, you edit the GC and add the specific criteria filter. But that also depends on the way your GC is built. Would you mind sharing an example?

• 6.  Re: Linkless Global Collections

Posted Oct 20, 2017 11:14 AM

Unfortunately, I can't since they are DoD systems, but I get what you saying.

• 7.  Re: Linkless Global Collections

Posted Oct 23, 2017 04:39 AM

You can modify the DoD environment as it best suits you. I always modify it according to my needs. It would not be a problem, as long as you have a clear picture on what it is that you want to present.