DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Topology Map undo & redo options

Posted Apr 05, 2018 07:32 AM

Hi,

Our network team wants a requirement to lock topology maps after making necessary changes so that if by mistake any change is made in topology map that should not get reflected since there are many text columns added by team.

If latest do we have a feature to undo the changes made in topology map. If some change is made, we dont have an option to cancel that change and we are forced to save that change.

Kindly let me know if someone had solution to this.

Regards,

Vishnu Prasad

• 2.  Re: Spectrum Topology Map undo & redo options

Posted Apr 05, 2018 07:48 AM

You can groups items in a topology view to maintain the integrity of the view. Reference Modifying Topology Views - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

However, to my knowledge, there is no undo or redo option in Spectrum. I do believe this has been requested a number of times in the past.

Joe

• 3.  Re: Spectrum Topology Map undo & redo options
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 05, 2018 11:23 AM

This is a very demanded feature which hopefully might appear one day. In the meantime, you can vote for that idea here: Undo Button in Spectrum Topology View .

The only option you have right now is to do a frequent/regular SSDB backup and/or frequent/regular Modeling Gateway exports to be able to restore a previous state.

• 4.  Re: Spectrum Topology Map undo & redo options

Posted Apr 06, 2018 03:20 AM

Hi Christophe Sperandio,

Thanks for sharing the idea with me.

We have in total 7 landscapes and several proxy models created for identification topology connection. The idea of frequent/regular SSDB backup will not work in our case.

Can you brief me what do you mean by frequent/regular Modeling Gateway exports?

Regards,

Vishnu Prasad

• 5.  Re: Spectrum Topology Map undo & redo options

Posted Apr 06, 2018 03:27 AM

Sure!

Modeling Gateway is a module of Spectrum which can be used to export several items into an XML file. Basically, you can schedule it to run every now and then to export the topology of all your containers. If you have a problem and absolutely need to restore a previous version, you just grab the file, remove everything else you have inside but the needed container and reimport it to update the current view. You should end up with the state it was when it was exported.

You'll find more information on the Modeling Gateway here: https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-3/en/customizing/modeling-gateway-toolkit