DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Condition Correlation question

Posted Oct 11, 2017 01:26 PM

Hi
    We have a pair of Cisco Wireless Lan Controllers with a number of Access Points associated with each. The WLCs are configured as a HA pair, such that if an AP disassociates from one WLC it may associate with the other. The WLCs send disassociate and associate traps, which create and then clear an alarm. However as the associate may come from a different device in our situation, then it will not clear the alarm for the disassociate.

I am trying to use Condition Correlation to use the associate event to clear the disassociate alarm regardless of which WLC they come from.

I have configured this using the editor and it appears to work fine the first time it is triggered. So I can send a disassociate from device X, which creates an alarm against device X. The subsequent associate comes from device Y and clears the alarm on device X. So it would appear the logic I have used is correct. 

However it only works one time. If I send the same traps again, or reverse the devices and send them, then the associate trap does not clear the alarm. If I restart the SpectroServer then it will work again for one time only.

Anyone got any idea what I am missing?

John

• 2.  Re: Condition Correlation question
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:30 PM

Looks like I might have figured this out. It seems each input condition needs a clear event code ... once I added that then it all started to work. 

It would be good if someone could confirm this?

Thanks John

• 3.  Re: Condition Correlation question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2017 03:15 AM

Hi John,

I believe you are correct, I was reading through the Condition Correlation docs and it does mention that a clear event is required for the initial alarm if you want to set up Condition Correlation with Clearing.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-2/en/managing-network/condition-correlation/condition-correlation-examples/create-a-clear-events-correlation

I´m glad you figured it out and got it working correctly.

Best regards,

Glenn