DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Migration from VAIM to UIM VMware

Posted Sep 19, 2017 02:38 AM

Hi

I am not sure if this question is for the right group.

We are busy implementing UIM and then integration to Spectrum.

The customer has current VIAM integrated with Spectrum.

I am looking for a migration plan

1. Disable the VIAM - Spectrum integration

2. Activate UIM - Spectrum integration

Regards

Klaus

• 2.  Re: Migration from VAIM to UIM VMware

Posted Sep 19, 2017 02:47 AM

Dear Klaus,

I'm not sure about the VIAM.

But if you want to UIM - Spectrum integration, please kindly use the spectrumgtw probe in UIM.

spectrumgtw (Spectrum Gateway) - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

The spectrumgtw (Spectrum Gateway) probe provides a bidirectional (CA UIM to CA Spectrum and CA Spectrum to CA UIM) integration between CA Unified Infrastructure Management and CA Spectrum enabling you to perform the following actions:

• Export and correlate CA Spectrum Inventory from a Global Collection to CA UIM inventory.
    • Bi-directional synchronization of alarms
    • Bi-directional Clear / Update of alarms
    • View symptomatic CA Spectrum alarms in the context for the root-cause alarm in CA UIM
    • Ticket ID synchronization between CA Spectrum and CA UIM

Regards,

Sundy.

• 3.  Re: Migration from VAIM to UIM VMware

Posted Sep 19, 2017 03:20 AM

Hi 

I have deployed the spectrumgtw on the Primary Hub.

But we need to switch off the VIAM integration and switch on the Spectrum integration without much impact.

Regards

Klaus

• 4.  Re: Migration from VAIM to UIM VMware
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2017 09:01 AM

Hi Klaus,  

All you should need to do is Navigate to the OneClick Administration page, Click on the "UIM Configuration" link on the left, and enable the integration. This REMOVES the VAIM/VHM functionality.  Further information can be found here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2-1/en/integrating/ca-spectrum-and-ca-uim/integrate-ca-spectrum-and-ca-uim-for-virtualization-management 

Important: If you enable the integration for VMware Management, all the entities that are managed by Virtual Host Manager (VHM) such as VMware, Hyper-V, Zones, Huawei SingleCloud, and LPAR through CA Virtual Application Insight Module (VAIM) are disabled permanently and all the existing VHM models are deleted. You must reinstall CA Spectrum for CA VAIM based Virtualization Management.

And there's a note in the online FAQ as well:

1. What happens when I enable the CA Spectrum and CA UIM integration?
    2. As soon as you click on the save button, the discovery process is initiated. Nimsoft models are created in CA Spectrum’s Lost and Found container, and as the discovery proceeds, CA Spectrum will move the models into the topology (into the Nimsoft Manager folder in the Explorer view). Be patient this first time around as this process can be time consuming. You can enable debug to watch/monitor the status of the integration. Refer below to the question and answer in regards to enabling Nimsoft debug.
    3. Can I disable the CA UIM/CA Spectrum integration to get VHM functionality back?
    4. No, you cannot disable the integration to get VHM functionality back. You can disable the integration, but you will not be able to get the VHM functionality back unless you reinstall Spectrum.

Cheers!

Jay