DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Active MQ error

Posted Dec 27, 2017 10:38 PM
      |   view attached

Hi all,

we have log error active mq ( attached) and impacted to our services dadaemon Data Aggregator, and also CAPC  2.5 unable to contact to DA. 

Any suggest for this case? 

Attachment(s)

zip
    activemq.log.zip   3 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Active MQ error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2017 12:04 AM

I also experienced the same problem.

Attach much more memory as following

Modify the External ActiveMQ Memory Limit

https://docops.ca.com/ca-performance-management/2-5/en/administrating/data-aggregator-administration/modify-the-external-activemq-memory-limit

Restart DA/ActiveMQ

• 3.  Re: Active MQ error

Posted Dec 28, 2017 02:12 AM

Here our configurations on Data Aggregator :

• System Memory : 

• On /opt/IMDataAggregator/broker/apache-activemq-5.5.1d/bin/activemq :

ACTIVEMQ_OPTS_MEMORY=" -Xms9675M -Xmx19349M -Xmn4837M -server -XX:SurvivorRatio=6 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:InitialTenuringThreshold=16 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=31 -XX:+ScavengeBeforeFullGC -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

• On /opt/IMDataAggregator/broker/apache-activemq-5.5.1d/conf/activemq.xml :

• On /opt/IMDataAggregator/apache-karaf-2.3.0/bin/setenv :

Just info, we have 3 Collector. There are missing configurations activemq or data aggregator memory in our machine?

Thx

• 4.  Re: Active MQ error

Posted Jan 01, 2018 11:41 PM

Hallo Naruhiro_Yoneshige, have suggest for this case? like above Irsan already share existing active MQ configuration. 

• 5.  Re: Active MQ error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 07:29 PM

Hi Eksi,

Yes Irsan is correct.

To say one word of this problem, the queue becomes full beyond the ActiveMQ capacity.

So I resolved following three actions:

1, Allocate much more memory to ActiveMQ.

2, Allocate much more memory to Data Aggregator

3, Reduce the managed device by filtering or deleting

Thanks Regards, Naruhiro

• 6.  Re: Active MQ error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 12:49 PM

Hello Eksi - I see your on version 2.5 of CAPM - this release reached its end of life as of June 30, 2017. I would suggest upgrading as soon as possible to take advantage of improvements made in the many releases since 2.5, CAPM 3.5 should be available to you if your current on maintenance. 

Link to EOL letter:

Announcement for CA Performance Management Releases 2.4.0, 2.4.1, and 2.5.0 All Languages 

• 7.  Re: Active MQ error
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2018 12:48 PM

I would also add there is a new version of activemq in the current version of the product.  Here is some documentation for planning the upgrade to 3.5

https://docops.ca.com/ca-performance-management/3-5/en/upgrading/plan-the-upgrade-or-migration

I am going to close this thread as getting to a supported version of the product will certainly improve stability

• 8.  Re: Active MQ error

Posted Jan 19, 2018 03:48 AM

hi @joseph, can we upgrade directly to 3.5 from 2.5? Or step by step from 2.6, 2.7 etc? let me know soon

• 9.  Re: Active MQ error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2018 09:29 AM

Eksi,

Unfortunately it isn't a direct update from r2.5->r3.5. With your current release you would need to perform two consecutive updates to get to r3.5.

First the server needs to be updated from r2.5 to r3.0. Then from r3.0 you go direct to the new r3.5 release.

This section of the documentation is where you'll want to focus when planning the upgrade.

Plan the Upgrade or Migration - CA Performance Management - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Michael