DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CAPM 5 Minute Resolution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 12:03 AM

Hi 

To Run Dashboards at Higher Resolution, can they run dashboard as polled resolution for 3 month?

It have already set user rights to "run dashboard at higher resolution.

Data retention is set to 93 Days, but when use time range in 3 month data resolution go to 1 Day.

<DailyRollupDataRetentionPeriod>365</DailyRollupDataRetentionPeriod> <HistoricConfigurationDataRetentionPeriod>7</HistoricConfigurationDataRetentionPeriod> <GtdRollupDataRetentionPeriod>730</GtdRollupDataRetentionPeriod> <PolledDataRetentionPeriod>103</PolledDataRetentionPeriod> <HourlyRollupDataRetentionPeriod>93</HourlyRollupDataRetentionPeriod>

Please verify that  if it is the limitation of product, or any workaround solution ?

Regards

Francis

• 2.  Re: CAPM 5 Minute Resolution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 01:41 AM

Hi Francis,

I remember the Higher Resolution support max 30 days (1 month).

Thanks, Naruhiro

• 3.  Re: CAPM 5 Minute Resolution

Posted Feb 09, 2018 03:57 AM

You can run on 3 months for example, but if you want to get higher resolution you need to zoom in. Having a 5-minute resolution on a 90 days period would have to display 25920 points (12*24*90) on such a small graph, that would be hard to achieve...

• 4.  Re: CAPM 5 Minute Resolution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 12, 2018 12:55 AM

Thanks for all replies.

Does it mean that if user wants to run report 3 months as 5 minute resolution?  It cannot do ?  Is it product limitation? If yes, what would be an alternative if a user wants a 5 minute resolution for 3 months? 

Regards

Francis

• 5.  Re: CAPM 5 Minute Resolution

Posted Feb 12, 2018 01:53 AM

Depending on the situation, I would suggest you have a look at either Unified CABI or OpenAPI to get the data they want in another format. Would that be an option?

• 6.  Re: CAPM 5 Minute Resolution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 01:11 AM

Does it  mean CA PM cannot do by OOTB dashboard right? Is it limitation of product?

I try to use OpenAPI. It cannot get the information for 3 months in trend. I think CABI also cannot do.

• 7.  Re: CAPM 5 Minute Resolution

Posted Mar 01, 2018 04:13 AM

Well, I think yes, having OOTB dashboards and graphs with 3 months of hourly points is not achievable. You can take 3 months data and zoom in to go back to hourly points or even raw data if you have the permissions to run dashboards at higher resolution, but if you need the values, you need to use OpenAPI. By the way, OpenAPI is an OOTB feature...