DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to get a list of "Management Lost Impact" suppressed alarms for an specific critical alarm via REST api?

• 1.  How to get a list of "Management Lost Impact" suppressed alarms for an specific critical alarm via REST api?

Posted Nov 23, 2017 12:12 PM

I want to find all suppressed alarms caused by a specific critical alarm. Is that possible to be done using the REST API?

More specifically, I need the list of alarms as seen under Management Lost Impact in the Impact tab.

PS: I submitted that question before and it was incorrectly marked as "assumed answered". I could not find the option to remove the status, so I'm posting again.

• 2.  Re: How to get a list of "Management Lost Impact" suppressed alarms for an specific critical alarm via REST api?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2017 02:25 AM

I don't see we can do this easily using REST API.

For "contact lost" alarm, I found ImpactScope alarm attribute (attribute id 0x1290e) contains model handle list of models that are unreachable because of the root cause alarm. However the list attribute data is formatted as CsOIDValueList. On OneClick Console we have a renderer (com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.renderObjectIDValueListRenderer) to render the data but I don't see how we can do via REST API.

Please refer

Passing CA Spectrum Attributes to Scripts - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

CA Spectrum OneClick List attributes show CsOIDValueList (class com.aprisma.util.net.OctetString) instead of the values … 

• 3.  Re: How to get a list of "Management Lost Impact" suppressed alarms for an specific critical alarm via REST api?

Posted Nov 27, 2017 05:09 AM

Thank you. I decided to extract the list of model handles from the 0x1290e attribute and issue a search for current suppressed alarms on those models. maybe there is a better solution, but this works for me now.