DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Inventory sync with UIM

Posted Oct 11, 2017 12:18 PM

Hi All,

If a add all my uim models in a GC and if we  sync that with UIM means can we get the user tags details in Spectrum .Will inventory sync will help to get those attributes in Spectrum from UIM

• 2.  Re: Spectrum Inventory sync with UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 04:18 PM

The spectrumgtw probe allows you to configure a global collection name in Spectrum. When that's configured we will take the devices put in that specified global collection and we will model those devices in UIM.

Are these Spectrum attributes that you want to be imported over to UIM when the device is created in UIM? 

• 3.  Re: Spectrum Inventory sync with UIM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 11:47 PM

Hi Praveen,

A little clarifications here. From UIM you can configure a Spectrum Global Collection, and UIM will only get the models from Spectrum which is under this Global Collection. So this is the synchronization from Spectrum to UIM.

From UIM to Spectrum, basically if you have selected VMware Management and Server Management from the UIM Integration page, Spectrum will get all the hosts and VMs from UIM.

The attribute "User Tag" you have mentioned is an alarm attribute which comes with an UIM alarm. When you open OneClick console, go to Alarm Table, right click and open Table Preferences, you can select UIM User Tag 1 and UIM User Tag 2. Then you can see the value of these User Tags of alarms.

Please let us know if this has answered your question.

Thanks.

Yan

• 4.  Re: Spectrum Inventory sync with UIM

Posted Oct 12, 2017 10:34 AM

Yes Yan i agree with you ,By anyway UIM pushes the user tags information  to all the devices where I can see from Spectrum  locator for all UIM models?