DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

I want read only user accounts to only access the Spectrum OneClick GUI.

• 1.  I want read only user accounts to only access the Spectrum OneClick GUI.

Posted Feb 16, 2018 10:39 AM

My end goal is to have a basic Read only user be able to boot the server and have the OneClick GUI be their only visible desktop view. I do not want them to have to input a password or anything, just a straight turn on the server and there is Spectrum oneclick ready for them to monitor the system. Like a Kiosk. How can I bypass the initial user name and password login? 

• 2.  Re: I want read only user accounts to only access the Spectrum OneClick GUI.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 10:19 PM

Hi Eric,

While you can definitely limit most functions and even views of users by setting their permissions and security strings accordingly (View and Change Privileges - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation ), you cannot avoid a login dialog with Spectrum OneClick client. Its a JNLP app and logging in with user/password is just part of the security architecture. 

What would probably be more suitable in this case is creating a limited access user account and then providing it to your users to access the Spectrum Web Client via a browser. That way, the login credentials can be cached in the browser and the Spectrum Web Client can be set as the homepage so as soon as they start the browser, it appears automatically.