DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Report Manager - Landscape reports question

Posted May 24, 2017 07:56 AM

Hi
    I would like to run a number of reports in Report Manager on a per landscape basis and don’t see how to do it. I’m hoping someone can help.

In particular I want to run Top N Alarms and Top N Events reports for each of our landscapes but the only option is to run these for Global Collections. I do see that Group Asset reports are possible on a per landscape basis, but this isn’t available anywhere else.

I guess I could do it by creating a Global Collection, but think I would need to include all devices, ports, applications etc in there to make sure I got all events and alarms in there. That seems a bit excessive to me, and it would result in some enormous GCs which I believe is not best practice.

Has anyone else figured a way to do this?

Regards, John

For info we are running Spectrum 10.2 and using the Jasper Console for reporting

• 2.  Re: Report Manager - Landscape reports question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2017 12:16 PM

Hi John,

You did not mention about your CABI (CA Business Intelligence) release.

Here are the steps in case you have JasperReports 6.3.

1. Select the Repository item.

2. Navigate and select Group in the left hand side pane, and double-click on Current Assets: Group item in the right hand side.

3. In the Select Group Type field select Landscape group, and in the Select Group Name select the landscape name in question.

This is also similar in BOXI 4.1 SP3.

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: Report Manager - Landscape reports question

Posted May 24, 2017 12:29 PM

Hi Silvio

I realise this works fine for Asset reports, however my question is how to do the same for Event and Alarm reports. 

When I run a Group report for Top N Events or Alarms the only option is to select a Global Collection, there is no option for Landscape, Vendor or Model Class.

Regards, John

• 4.  Re: Report Manager - Landscape reports question
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2017 02:55 PM

I would suggest to create a Ad Hoc report.

CABI JasperReports Server Integration with CA Spectrum - CA Spectrum - 10.2 and 10.2.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Features not supported in this release

The following features (available with CABI BOXI) are not supported with CA Spectrum and CABI JasperReports Server Integration in the current release:

1. Multi-tenancy 
    2. Multi-SRM reports 
    3. Ad Hoc reporting on Alarm and Alarm Activity domains