DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  NCM Database

Posted Jul 08, 2017 12:24 PM

Hi,

I have two question.

1) Where is router config stored once backup is successful using NCM. Which database?

2) It is possible to do bulk export the router config? How? 

Regards.

• 2.  Re: NCM Database
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 09, 2017 07:12 PM

Device configurations  captured by NCM for each device reside in the CA Spectrum database (ssdb)

You can set the device configurations to be exported to a text file , see below

Network Configuration Manager Configurations - CA Spectrum - 9.4.1 to 9.4.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: NCM Database

Posted Jul 09, 2017 10:34 PM

Can i export all previous router config backup by bulk and how? 

You can set the device configurations to be exported to a text file , see below

- This only export the current config that have changes in router.

• 4.  Re: NCM Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2017 02:23 AM

The configuration data is encrypted and contained in SSdb. You need to restore the SSdb and use OneClick Console to access them. From the device's Host Configuration tab you have entries of capture history. Selecting old entries will show you the older configurations. I don't see we have a way to do bulk export. 

• 5.  Re: NCM Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2017 08:07 AM

You can export all of the configurations together if you select the option:

Export Unique and Global Sync Configurations
    Export device configurations only if they differ from previously captured configurations or on a global synchronization. For example, one file per device is generated each day if you have configured a global synchronization to run on a daily basis. See About Global Synchronization for more information.The export configuration displays next to Export Configuration.

Then have a success Global Synch Task that is run.

• 6.  Re: NCM Database

Posted Jul 10, 2017 03:25 AM

You can configure the NCM capture job to automatically export the configuration once it is captured. Here you have information on that works.