DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  ADA Data Monitoring rights

Posted Aug 30, 2016 10:45 AM

Through role and group permissions in PM, is there a way to give users more functionality under the Administration tab in ADA other than just Investigations?  I have a subset of users that I'd also like to grant Data Monitoring rights to so they can maintain their own application/server/network definitions.  The only way I've found so far to make that work is to make them administrators in ADA, which isn't ideal.  Thanks.

• 2.  Re: ADA Data Monitoring rights

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 02:09 PM

Hello jbovee,

I am not sure I understand what you are asking…

Can you provide us with screenshots so that we can better see what place in the GUI you are referring to?

Thanks,

Rich

• 3.  Re: ADA Data Monitoring rights

Posted Aug 30, 2016 03:23 PM

In PM, below are the ADA rights available to assign to a role:

The right I want to be able to grant to users is Data Monitoring, which is under the Administration tab in ADA (same as Investigations):

Users with Data Monitoring->Networks/Servers/Applications rights would have the ability to maintain server memberships and such in their applications.  Right now, the only way I can figure out how to give someone that ability is to give their user account Administrator privileges within ADA.  Is there any way to do what I'm looking for with the products as they stand right now, or would that be a new feature request?

• 4.  Re: ADA Data Monitoring rights

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2016 04:14 PM

Under each users rights in PM, in the Product Privileges tab, there are a few options to select from.

I wonder if one of those gives the user the access they need, if its not available to assign via the users Role they are tied to?

Does using Power User or Administrator give them the access you're seeking?

If one of those options does give the user the access you're seeking for them, of course you'll also want to keep an eye on what else it gives them access to. Ensure to much access isn't given when its not wanted.

• 5.  Re: ADA Data Monitoring rights

Posted Aug 30, 2016 04:44 PM

Admin gives them what I'm looking for, but also some things I don't want them to have.  Power User is where they're at right now, but it doesn't give them this one particular thing I am looking for.

• 6.  Re: ADA Data Monitoring rights
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2016 09:09 AM

Sorry to hear that Josh. Too bad that didn't help give you the end result being sought.

Unfortunately that reaches the limit of the current User and Role permission configurations. Anything beyond that we'd want to submit as an Idea post in the community for consideration by Product Management.

• 7.  Re: ADA Data Monitoring rights

Posted Aug 31, 2016 09:16 AM

That's kind of what I thought, but I wanted to check and make sure before submitting the idea.  Thank you!