DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  What benefits are missed by upgrading to 10.2, rather than performing a fresh install?

Posted Jan 11, 2017 03:29 AM

Hi everyone,

I've read in https://docops.ca.com/ca-spectrum/10-2/en/installing-and-upgrading/install-ca-spectrum/installing-ca-spectrum that you don't get Huge Landscape support if you migrate/upgrade to 10.2 rather. It requires a fresh install. I assume that means that the added value of having a 64-bit architecture is diminished greatly.

Are there other features which are impacted by upgrading rather than installing? Does this include upgrading by means of taking the SSDB and installing on a brand new virtual machine?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: What benefits are missed by upgrading to 10.2, rather than performing a fresh install?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2017 04:43 PM

I wouldn't say that you will lose an improvement if you upgrade. It is similar when you have Windows 32 bits and you wish 64 bits. You cannot perform the upgrade, only with a fresh install you will achieve that.
    If you are planing to have more than a million of models in a landscape, then Huge Landscape is required. If not, you can perform the upgrade and remain in a regular landscape.

• 3.  Re: What benefits are missed by upgrading to 10.2, rather than performing a fresh install?

Posted Jan 15, 2017 10:57 AM

Can you think of another feature which requires a clean install?

• 4.  Re: What benefits are missed by upgrading to 10.2, rather than performing a fresh install?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2017 03:01 PM

Nothing that comes to my mind.