DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  nhExportLiveExCfg.sh export between ehealth 6.1 to 6.3.2.09

Posted Mar 02, 2016 11:00 AM

Is it possible to export live exceptions configurations from a poller running on 6.1 to 6.3.2.09? these are in different clusters, so I wonder, Is there any concern for version difference, or Cluster considerations to keep in mind?  And if it IS possible, what's the Best method to perform this action?   Since these are in different clusters, I have performed a manual migration between these servers. And I've had to go a step further and split up elements based on being either network gear or sysedge agent eleements to 2 ifferent 6.3.2.09 pollers; due to element inventory restraints.

• 2.  Re: nhExportLiveExCfg.sh export between ehealth 6.1 to 6.3.2.09
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 12:50 PM

Hi Timothy,

In terms of the entire product, going from 6.1 to 6.3.2 you'd need an interim upgrade of 6.2.2 between them.

Technically they aren't compatible though what you're asking here *might* work, but no guarantees as its not been tested. Nobody would have a comparison of changes in the LE code between 6.1 and 6.3.2 releases.

I'd give it a shot and try the nhExportLiveExCfg and then nhImportLiveExCfg commands to see what results look like.

My guess is that it won't fail outright. That you'll either end up with 100% success, or a partial success with some minor config items on the new system that will need to be updated or reset.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Michael

• 3.  Re: nhExportLiveExCfg.sh export between ehealth 6.1 to 6.3.2.09

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 12:50 PM

Hello Tim,

Does this question remain open or did the above information help to answer the question?

Thanks,

Michael