DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How do I modify an existing metric family?

Posted Feb 21, 2016 10:01 AM

Hi,

I want to enable collecting min/max for an existing metric in a factory cert/metric family.  How can I do that?

• 2.  Re: How do I modify an existing metric family?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2016 08:45 AM

Hi Scott,

Do you have a specific Metric Family and related Vendor Cert you're looking to implement this for?

What CAPM release are you running that you're looking implement this change in?

With the above simple question asked, my initial response would be to reference the documentation around the Metric Family and Vendor Cert extension functionality. If not familiar with it, its nice because it allows you to extend the existng factory certs with the small subset of edits you're looking to make, rather than having to rewrite the entire cert from scratch for a small change.

Note the different URLs in the docs for creating a full custom cert vs extending an existing (out of the box or full custom) cert.

Specify one of the following URLs:

• Custom Metric Family: http://da_hostname:8581/typecatalog/metricfamilies
    • Extend Metric Family:http://da_hostname:8581/typecatalog/metricfamilies/extension

Metric Family creation/editing/extension:

Create or Extend Metric Families - CA Performance Management - 2.6.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

Vendor Certification creation/editing/extension:

Create or Extend Vendor Certifications - CA Performance Management - 2.6.0 - CA Technologies Documentation

Hope that helps.

Mike

• 3.  Re: How do I modify an existing metric family?

Posted Feb 22, 2016 11:30 AM

Hi Mike,

I just upgraded to CAPC 2.6 and want to modify the “Instant Virtual Extranet” family and enable max/min on certain metrics.   I’ll take a look at this doc.

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: How do I modify an existing metric family?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2016 11:51 AM

The extension tools make things like this much easier now. It is a nice way of adding small changes, or editing/changing just one or two things about a certification, rather than having to rewrite and customer an entire new cert for small changes.