DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SPC-OCC-11537: default tftp directory does not exist or spectrum does not have permissions to access it

• 1.  SPC-OCC-11537: default tftp directory does not exist or spectrum does not have permissions to access it

Posted Jun 29, 2016 04:28 AM

I have newly installed CA Spectrum. To capture host configuration i have installed Cisco TFTP in my spectroserver. After installing TFTP I tried to capture host-configuration but it resulted with  "SPC-OCC-11537: default tftp directory does not exist or spectrum does not have permissions to access it".

When i open my SpectroServer and look at the logs in TFTP I can see "Receiving file from w.x.y.z in binary mode successful"

Please help me with this.

Thanks & Regards

Vishnu

• 2.  Re: SPC-OCC-11537: default tftp directory does not exist or spectrum does not have permissions to access it

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 05:16 AM

Hi Vishnu,

Please check below steps weather you have configured tftp server properly or not. below instructions are  for Windows OS only,

To configure a TFTP Server on Windows

1. Select Configuration Manager in the Explorer tab in OneClick. Information and configurations display in the Information tab of the Contents panel.

2. Expand the TFTP Configuration subview.

3. Click Set in the Default TFTP Directory column and enter a valid TFTP Server path. For example, C:/win23app/SPECTRUM/NCM/tftp.

4. Press Enter. The TFTP Server path displays in the Default TFTP Directory column.

5. Click Set in the TFTP Transfer Timeout column and specify a timeout (in seconds) for contact with the TFTP Server. The default is 50 seconds, which means there is a 50 second interval between data transfers. Press Enter when finished. The TFTP Transfer Timeout displays.

If you have a distributed SpectroSERVER (DSS) environment, TFTP servers must be running on every SpectroServer for Network Configuration Manager to properly run.

Note: Verify that each device in your network is properly modeled using the appropriate read/write community name.

I hope these instructions are helpful ,

Good luck

Best regards,

Venkat.

• 3.  Re: SPC-OCC-11537: default tftp directory does not exist or spectrum does not have permissions to access it
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 05:56 AM

Hi Vishnu,

Do you see any files in the tftp directory?  When NCM captures a configuration it will write a temporary file into the tftp destination directory that consists of scm_<device model_handle>.

Once the capture is completed NCM will then compare this capture against a previous capture (if existing) using the diff mask and if there is "interesting" changes then the new capture is added into the SpectroSERVER database.  The files are then deleted by Spectrum from the tftp directory.  If the files cannot be deleted by Spectrum NCM because the tftp software left them open, Spectrum does not have delete access, etc.. then you will see the same error message.

When Spectrum NCM is working properly there should be no files in the tftp destination directory.  If there are files left in the directory you will need to ensure that Spectrum has the appropriate permissions and tftp settings to allow for these files to be deleted.

If this does not resolve your issue please open a support issue and we can investigate further.

Best regards,

Glenn