DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Adding columns to Outage details table

Posted Aug 04, 2015 08:23 AM

Hi,

I am trying to add new columns into outage details table under outage history in service dashboard. In this new columns I would like to show trouble ticket ID and current system uptime of the resource that was down. I tried to add attribute for sysuptime 0x10245, but when I add column to view it is empty. I was looking at default columns and attributes in them seems to be completely different from ones that I see in spectrum. For example Name column is set for attribute 0x482005e which is attribute that is not recognized by attribute editor in spectrum. Could someone please explain where can I get attributes for service manager?

Thanks  

• 2.  Re: Adding columns to Outage details table

Posted Aug 04, 2015 03:28 PM

The reason you can't use the 0x482005e attribute is because it is a pseudo attribute id. Pseudo attributes do not exist in the Spectrum database. The values are collected and displayed at the time of the request. The information displayed in the Outage History tab and the Outage History subview in the Information tab is collected from the reporting database.

You should be able to modify the Resources subview under in the Information tab to display sysuptime. Not sure about the Trouble Ticket ID since that is an alarm attribute. The xml file for the Resources subview is the table-resources-config.xml file located in the $SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/WEB-INF/slm/config directory.

Joe

• 3.  Re: Adding columns to Outage details table

Posted Aug 05, 2015 08:34 AM

Hi Joe,

I will try it. Is there some way to automate Notes field? I mean right now it seem completely separate from what operators do in Spectrum. For example when a device goes down they update alarm with ticket number in spectrum, but if the device also belong to service they need to go service dashboard and fill up ticket number again in notes which is quite ineffective.  

What sort of bugs me is also reporting of SLA or Service availability, because it just shows date and time of outages, but not exact cause of outage - to show those one need to drill down, which is pointless since these sort of reports are exported to pdfs and then handled to customers who cant drill down to see what exact device was down. So what we do right now is filling device name and ticket number manually to notes in each outage, which is kind of stupid.

I tried to fix this by editing report rpt file to show along notes also name of resources that were down, which sort of works, but for some reason shows only one device name per outage even when there was multiple devices down, which are visible in drilled down report. Is there a way to set service to behavior that will produce in case when two devices goes down at the same time two separate service outages instead of one??

• 4.  Re: Adding columns to Outage details table

Posted Aug 05, 2015 11:07 AM

The Notes field is an attribute on the model. Like most attributes, the value written to the Notes field of a model is unique for that model only. A service is a model in the database like any other model. There is no functionality for autopopulating the Notes field from one model to another.

I cannot comment on the reporting as I have very little knowledge on it.

Joe