DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Issues with geoloc and interface connection apps in Weathermap_075 package

Posted Mar 02, 2017 08:59 AM

Greetings all.  We recently upgraded to PM 3.0, so yesterday I downloaded the Network Weathermap app from the CAPM GitHub site and installed it.   The Weathermap view itself works like a champ, but the apps installed and set up as new tabs for devices and interfaces that allow you to set the geoloc and interface connection attributes from their respective context pages are not rendering in the Browser Views.  If I hit the URLs directly, they work great...just not as a view.  Has anyone else ran across this, and if so how did you fix it?  I'm really chomping at the bit to get this working, so any recommendations y'all may have would be greatly appreciated.  thanks.

• 2.  Re: Issues with geoloc and interface connection apps in Weathermap_075 package

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 12:42 PM

Hi Josh,

So you've set these up and the URL's work on their own in a browser tab address bar, but fail in a View?

What do you get when you pull up the URL based View that has the proper URL entered that points to the app location with key parameters defined?

Do you get an error? Anything? Maybe a screen shot could be posted up?

Thanks,

Michael

• 3.  Re: Issues with geoloc and interface connection apps in Weathermap_075 package

Posted Mar 02, 2017 01:06 PM

Yep.  They work directly, but not in a view.

Here's the Browser View config:

The result of that config:

And what it looks like when I hit the URL directly, substituting in the proper parameters:

For what it's worth, I also tried configuring the Browser View with the URL that works when you hit it directly and got the same blank box in response.  The same thing goes for the interface connection app that's also included with the Weathermap package.

• 4.  Re: Issues with geoloc and interface connection apps in Weathermap_075 package

Posted Mar 02, 2017 02:03 PM

Hello,Jbovee

Apparently mine worked perfectly, it is only giving error when recording the location according to print!

• 5.  Re: Issues with geoloc and interface connection apps in Weathermap_075 package

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 02:07 PM

Odd.... I've reached out to engineering internally to get some input on this.

In the mean time, it is a bit tough to tell from what I can see in the above info, but any change anything noted here might be involved?

Changes to OpenAPI in r3.0:

OpenAPI Changes - CA Performance Management - 3.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 6.  Re: Issues with geoloc and interface connection apps in Weathermap_075 package
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 02:13 PM

Talked with Josh via the GitHub repo for the Weathermap: GitHub - CA-PM/CAW_16_CAPM_OPENAPI_LAB: Lab instructions for the CAW 2016 CAPM OpenAPI App Lab 

So we are good there. I haven't seen the problem Robsonbadam mentioned. What version of CAPM are you using?

Can you get me the browser console log after you generate this error? Should have the URL and the XML payload listed in the console and that should give us a clue. 

• 7.  Re: Issues with geoloc and interface connection apps in Weathermap_075 package

Posted Mar 02, 2017 02:21 PM

Hi, Jason, thanks for the help!
    The CAPM 3.0 release

Follows print as requested.

• 8.  Re: Issues with geoloc and interface connection apps in Weathermap_075 package

Posted Mar 08, 2017 09:44 AM

Hello, Jason Normandin, how are you?
    I wonder if you could identify any errors in the evidence I sent you, thank you.
    thank you.

• 9.  Re: Issues with geoloc and interface connection apps in Weathermap_075 package

Posted Mar 03, 2017 08:58 AM

So I tried doing a wget from the PC command line, and that's showing me that it's getting a HTTP 302 message from DA.  Sure enough, when I hit the URL directly, it redirects over to PC on port 8382 prompting for login credentials, then sends me back to the DA page I requested after providing credentials.  After doing some testing, it looks like I can do Browser Views for all of the other products we have (Spectrum, ADA, NFA) as well as other stuff.  It's just DA that's broken for that view.  I have played around with adding parameters to the URL to pass over my SSO token and such but haven't found a combination that works.  

I will absolutely convert these apps over to be hosted on PC once 3.1 comes out, but if anyone has ideas on how to make this work with 3.0 in the meantime I'm all ears.