DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How to update x_ifAlias with ifAlias without SS restart

Posted Sep 28, 2016 07:47 AM

Hello there,

I am looking for a a solution to update x_ifAlias with updated data from ifAlias.

According to CA Spectrum literature x_iAlias is updated on SS startup but for sure there is a smarter way to get it up to date without SS restart. cheers,

• 2.  Re: How to update x_ifAlias with ifAlias without SS restart
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 28, 2016 08:03 AM
    You can do it via CLI with an action: 0x10411.
    ./update action=0x10411 mh=DEVICE_MH.
    I think it should be available in rest api also, but I'm not sure, I did not research it. 

• 3.  Re: How to update x_ifAlias with ifAlias without SS restart

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2016 08:13 AM
      |   view attached

Catalin is correct.  Here is a bit more info on the x_ifAlias in case anyone is wondering:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec614054.aspx

• 4.  Re: How to update x_ifAlias with ifAlias without SS restart

Posted Mar 05, 2018 02:50 PM

Hi Jason

I'm havng a bit of a problem with this functionality and wonder if you might be able to help. 

I'm finding that some interfaces do not update the X_ifAlias attribute after an update 0x10411 action on the device model. I suspect, but don't really know, that it might be because the interface is 3 levels of HASPART away from the device model. Do you know if that might be the case? And if so do you know any way around that?

For info I raised case 00978186 for this earlier today, and there's a bit more detail in there. 

Regards, John