DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Ship MM PreInstall script which only gets executed once

Posted Oct 22, 2015 03:18 AM

Hi Folks,

I've built a custom MM which includes a PreInstall script via "file: Install preinst ? MyPreInstallScript.pl ? ?".

The script clears up some MM files from a previous version and after deploying the MM to our machines everything was looking fine.

Now after installing another MM I noticed that the installer executed the PreInstall from the previous MM again. This caused me some troubles.

So here is my question:
    Is there an official or a best practice solution for telling the installer to only run the PreInstall script once with the original MM it was shipped with and NOT any other time a patch or MM is installed?

Thanks and regards,

Jan

• 2.  Re: Ship MM PreInstall script which only gets executed once

Posted Feb 12, 2016 03:17 PM

No official way to only run the PreInstall script.

• 3.  Re: Ship MM PreInstall script which only gets executed once

Posted Feb 12, 2016 04:10 PM

Actually this doesn't look like an helpful answer to me. If I understand Management Modules and their installation correctly then only the scripts that are packed into that installer are executed during the installations and not any other script from another (older) Management Module.

It doesn't seem right to me, that all scripts from previous MMs are executed during the installation of a new MM. This would be a pretty chaos.

So the statement of no official way isn't really related to the question and therefor not really helpful.

Maybe it's better to check if there is a bug in the MM installer or if wrong scripts are mistakenly linked in the .i file.