I'd like to create a dashboard to display a list of interfaces, for example... display all interfaces where description contains [GSM] ?
You could achieve this using a group and group rules.
- Administration->Groups->Add group
- Name and create the group.
- Select the group and click the Rules tab->Add Rule
- Select Interfaces from the dropdown
- Click Add Condition
- Fill out the condition you would like to match the interfaces.
-- For example, Interface Description matches regex .*\[GSM\].*
-- You may need to adjust the Regular Expression (regex) to match your needs.
- Click Preview Results to test the rules.
If they match what you are looking for click Save and Run Rules to immediately populate the group.
Select the group when running the dashboard.
You could use the Group Keith describes above to display data from that list of interfaces in Views in a Dashboard.
There is also An Interface list View that exists out of the box that can be added to a Dashboard that will show this list.
There is a default View simply titled "Interfaces". It will show all Interfaces in the system. One downside is not configurable so once the View is displayed and populated, we'd need to use the Search text box at the bottom of the View to further limit the results in the list.