DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  UCS AIM only working with Blade Servers

Posted Mar 01, 2016 11:02 AM

Hi all,

maybe someone saw the same issue as I did. I have two UCS Environments. In both I have the same User and can connect to the Java WS Application with this user and have read rights for everything. I configured both Clusters in my Sysedge UCS AIM (Sysedge can connect successfully as I've seen in sysedge.log). I can see all the configured Data in Spectrum just for one of the Cluster. This is the Cluster which has only BladeServers installed ("computeBlade"). The other Cluster is not visible and the only thing which is different is, that this cluster only consists of Rack-Mount Servers ("computeRackUnit").

Is Sysedge not able to handle Rack-Mount Servers? Or how can I debug?   In sysedgelog with debug3  I can only see the the UCS aim is asking for Blade Servers... Maybe a hidden config file?

Any idea is highly appreciated...

rgds Steve

• 2.  Re: UCS AIM only working with Blade Servers

Posted Mar 07, 2016 11:30 AM

Hmm... No Idea?  Maybe i should open one, or does anybody else have this problem?

rgds Steve

• 3.  Re: UCS AIM only working with Blade Servers
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 11, 2016 12:18 PM

Steve,

Apologies for the delayed response on this. Per the support ticket that you opened:

Unfortunately, the UCS AIM only supports B-Series Blade Servers. It cannot collect data in regards to C-Series (or other non-B-Series) compute hardware.

Feel free to open and up vote and Idea accordingly.

Regards,

Sean