DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Service Dashboard

• 1.  Service Dashboard

Posted 10-30-2015 03:14 AM

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to model service in Service Dashboard, but my results so far are not what I am looking for.

I want to create service that will monitor around 40 devices. I managed to create this just by creating new service and assigning devices to it. Problem is that when lets say on day one goes device A down and while it is still down on day two comes down also device B I end up with only one service outage which is kinda stupid because I am unable to fill in note separately for outage of device A and outage device B.  I also tried to create separate service for each device and then add them all to main service but, this was not working either.

Any idea how to achieve this?

• 2.  Re: Service Dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 10-30-2015 06:39 AM

Read the following Green Book, Chapter 7: Service Level Management. This section describes an approach to design and implementing the interview process for service management.

CA Green Books: Network and Voice Management: An Integrated Solution for Network Fault and Performance Management

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: Service Dashboard

Posted 10-30-2015 10:40 AM

Hi Silvio,
    I looked into it, but I don't see solution for my problem there and same goes for service manager manual.

• 4.  Re: Service Dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 06-26-2017 01:35 PM

Thanks for using the CA Community!  It looks like your question has been answered so we are closing this thread out.  If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us again.